visiting

y/n has a daughter from a previous relationship :)

"Mani? Baby, lets go" I called out and I heard my daughter giggle quietly before running towards me. "Where are we goin' mommy?" she asked as I picked her up and set her on my hip. 

"We're going to Ashley's house" I told her and she grinned, clapping her hands together. "Yay! Ashwey!" She cheered and I giggled, pulling out my phone. "Do you wanna call her and tell her we're on our way?" I asked and she nodded. 

I pressed Ashley's contact, selecting the 'Factime' button, and hand my phone to Armani. 

I hear Ashley answer the phone, and Mani immediately smiled, waving at her.

"Hi!" 
"Hi baby! How are you?" Ashley asked. 

"I-I'm good, we're comin to see you!" Mani exclaimed happily and Ashley giggled. "Yay! Are you leaving now?" She asked and I nodded. "Yeah, Im buckling Mani into her carseat" I told her, before noticing she was in her car. "Why are you in your car?" I asked, slightly confused. "Oh! I just got back from grocery shopping" she explained and I hummed. 

"Alright, well we'll be there soon-"
"No mommy! Dont hang up!" 

Ashley laughed and I rolled my eyes playfully at my daughter. 

"Okay, I wont. But you have to ask Ashley if you can keep talking to her" I explained and she nodded. 

"Can we keep- can we keep talkin'?" she asked with a slight stutter and Ashley smiled. "Of course we can baby, let me just bring the groceries in okay?" 

Armani grinned, nodding furiously and I laughed quietly as I pulled out of the driveway. 

"Otay! I'll wait" 

I smiled as I listened to my girlfriend and daughters conversation. 

Armani wasn't Ashley's daughter, but she definitely treated her like she was. And it felt nice to finally have some help. 

Robyn, Armani's mom, and my wife died a year ago from a car accident. I was depressed for a long time until Ashley came around. She patched the hole in my heart, and became a second mother for Mani. And although we had only been dating for 4 months, I could 100% see a future with her.  

"Okay, we're here" I announced and Armani and Ashley cheered making me laugh. 

I parked the car, getting out and getting Mani from her carseat. 

"Alright baby, we're here now so we need to hang up, okay?" 
"Otay, bye!" 

Ashley smiled, saying a quick bye, knowing she was going to see us again in less than 2 minutes. 

I carried Armani to Ashley's front door, knocking on it gently. The door swung open, and we were met with Ashley's happy face. 

"Hey!" She exclaimed, taking Mani out of my hands and kissing my cheek. "How are you guys?" She asked as she let me in. 

"We're good, how are you?" I asked the taller brunette and she smiled. "Im great, I made a shi- a bunch of food so I hope you guys are hungry. Oh and I have Mani's high chair all set up, so you dont have to worry about that" Ash said and I giggled a bit at her slip up. 

"Whatchu make?" Mani asks and I correct her. 
"What did you make" 

Armani rolls her eyes and Ashley laughs. 

"I made eggplant parmesan, kale salad, some corn, and baked potatoes" she says and my eyes widen. "Jesus Ash, you didnt have to make all that" I say and she smiles. "I dont mind, you know I love to cook" 

It was true, Ashley did love to cook, and she was great at it too. 

The three of us walk into her kitchen, and Mani gasps at all the food. 

Squealing, she wiggles out of Ashley's hands, and runs towards the table making me laugh. 

Making sure Armani isnt watching first, Ashley wraps her arms around my waist, leaning in and pressing a gentle kiss on my lips. 

"I love you" She whispers and I smile at her. 

"I love you more"

She grins, pecking my forehead before leaning away from me. 

"Alright, lets eat!"