1

when I was younger I never thought of the word love. I never understand that when you love someone you are willing to die or do anything for them. I told myself to never fall I love and  I would never get hurt. I should have listened.

                                                             - November 2, 2015 -

when I imagined life as a kid I imagined it all cupcakes and rainbows. that was before the red roes happened.

                                                            - flashback Nov 2, 2014

 ¨mayra!? Mayra!¨" screamed my mom

 ¨ get up! get up!!¨ as she yanked me out of my bed.

I was still in days she yanked my arms harder I slowly got out of bed dragging my feet.

¨ what is it, mom.¨ I said still haft asleep. but I heard no answerback. I slowly rose from my bed and were heading to do my chores.

then all of a sudden a big doom shook the house taking me and my mom down to the floor. we could hear screaming in the distance.

¨ what was that?!¨ I said my mom looked alarmed I could tell that was not an earthquake

¨run!¨ my mom said ¨ there coming!¨

¨ how is?¨ I looked at her confused.

¨nobody...¨ she said but I could tell she was hiding something.

¨ lesson to me very carefully Mayra run get way from here as far waya as you can and don't look back and don't wait for me!!¨ she said with a scared look in her eyes.

¨bu...¨ I said but my mom interrupted me saying.

¨go!¨

I got to my feet and started to run towards the front door when I got there I heard another big boom this one felt closer this time. I stumbled to the ground once more struggling to get up my mom rushed over and help me to my feet I looked at her with treas in my eyes. she hugged me and pushed me out the door. I looked on the ground and saw a red rose it was covered in blood dripping ever so slowly draining onto the floor staining the dirt. I quickly looked away and try not to think about what had just happened I still have to process the whole thing what was going on and who is they? but I stopped myself for overthinking it thing was flying everywhere and I knew even though my mom was still here I knew what I had to do I knew what my mom wanted me to do.so I did as she told me and never looked back but I still could not help but wonder what happened to her. I ran for what felt like years the farther I got from my village the farther way the big booms got. I was hungry dirty and tired and did not think I could go too much farther. I found a nice tree and made a camp of what I had and dossed off. when I woke up I was startled by a boy about my age very tall muscular with dirty blonde hair rags for clothes and standing over me. I jumped. 

¨what is wrong with you!¨ I said giving him a nasty look

¨ sorry.¨ he said with a small smile.

¨i am Max!¨ he said holding out his hand.

¨ I am Mayra.¨ I said as I shook his hand.

he looked around at the place where I was sleeping and said ¨ is this where you sleep?¨i nodded he started to look sad.

¨ I guess your village...¨ I interrupted him and said 

¨yeah It was destroyed.¨ we sat there in silence. then he took a deep breath and said 

¨there is a camp for the kids who survived the red rose I was just on my way there when I found you they will feed us and it will be better then... this.¨ he said pointing to my ¨camp¨

¨hey.¨ this is a high-class camp and I love it but that does sound nice.¨ I said.

 he laughed ¨ so do you want to come.¨ what did I have to lose. I nodded he held his hand out and helped me up.as we head to the camp me and max made good company he was really funny we laughed and laughed till we got there. after what seemed like years we got there I jaw dropped it was much nicer than my village. they would call this place perfectly splendid. it was a bit of time but it, would have to do.me and max got singed in the creepy thing where they were expecting us it is like they knew we were coming like they planed for us to service. what am I saying I was probably wearing something with my name on it.they put em into cabin C and max in cabin A witch was sad because I wanted to be with him he was the only one I knew and trusted. when I got inside my cabin it was huge. chandeliers and big beds and food up to the roof I was nicely decorated where did they get all this money i thought the red rose had all the money but who cared this was going to be my new home.