Her loving embrace

TW: more mentions of abuse

Annabeth was unable to form a sentence, for she was so lost in the kind words, and glistening eyes of the helpful women.

She finally stuttered out, "o-oh it's not your fault, it's  my husband that is the p-problem."

Rosemary felt her heart break once more. She cautiously pulled Annabeth into a hug, and heard the smaller girl's breath hitch before returning to a steady pace. They stayed in that hug for what felt like hours, periodically glancing  at each other, before returning to the original position. Then Annabeth suddenly stood up, grabbed the book, and quickly spoke to Rosemary.

"I must be going now, or else Caesar might know I was gone."

Rosemary nodded her head and said, "well if at all possible, it would be nice to meet here again."

Annabeth smiled, nodded, and exited the library and began to head home. She walked with a purpose, knowing she would have to hide the book and start dinner before her husband returned. She placed the book in the back of one of the cupboards, and then started to make dinner. When Caesar returned, he sat down and ate his food, and asked Annabeth about her day. Even Though Annabeth knew that she was going against God, she lied about her day and said she just stayed at home, cleaned, read, and made dinner. They shared some laughs, which rarely happens, and then they both decided to go to sleep. They climbed into bed, and Annabeth wrapped her arms around Caesar, but for some reason, did not feel as happy as she did when she embraced Rosemary. Nevertheless, she soon fell asleep.

The next morning, Annabeth had some shopping to do in town, so she woke up with her husband, helped him get ready, got ready herself, saw him off, and then grabbed her basket and coat and headed into the outdoors. It was still chilly outside, but so much that she would need more than a coat. As she walked, she greeted the village people, and smiled at everyone who crossed her path. When she made it to the market, she saw a familiar person. She made her way over to Rosemary, and started talking to her.

"Hello Rosemary, quite a lovely day it is, isn't it?"

Rosemary was stunned. Nobody talks to her out of the blue. Nobody has ever willingly came up to her and started a conversation.

She got over her shock, and finally responded, "it very much is. What have you come here to get?"

Annabeth smiled, "I'm surprised you responded, but nevermind that. I am here to buy some meat, and you?"

"Same for me," Rosemary responded, a slight feeling of warmth growing inside of her.

The two girls continued to talk whilst shopping, both ignoring the stares of shock from the other townspeople. After the ladies finished their excursion, they walked back to the village together, still talking about anything they could think of. They stopped in front of the largest house that Annabeth had ever seen. She was slightly shocked, but then remembered that she was with Rosemary Lavinge, the richest person in Salem.

"Well I guess this is where I bid you adieu," Annabeth said, a touch of sadness lingering in her voice.

"You do not need to leave just yet," Rosemary responded, before opening the doors and gesturing for Annabeth to come inside.

Annabeth hesitated before stepping inside, and looking around. The inside of the house was a dark oak color and there were many doors. Rosemary took Annabeth to her room, where they continued their conversation. Soon it started to become dark. Rosemary offered to walk Annabeth home, but she declined and said it would be best for her to just go alone. They hugged goodbye, before Annabeth took her basket, left the house, and walked home. She came back and once again, made dinner, welcomed her husband, and went to bed. Laying there in bed, Annabeth rolled over to embrace her husband, but imagined that it was Rosemary...