ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

Taehyung
__________

Heaving a long sigh I walk towards the entrance of one of the biggest restaurant in the city. I don't understand why I'm doing this--- I don't want to meet up with some freak I have no idea about, other than his mom saying my handsome son whenever she get a chance. To be frank, it's kinda irritating.

Already I'm fed up with my handsome brother praising himself like he's taking medicine for his health and now we have got another member with a same attitude. For my sake, it's not him praising himself but his mother--- my soon to be mother in law.

Yeah soon to be mother in law as I'm taking this big step in my life--- though it's just a blind date arranged by my family I'm sure I'm gonna get married after today as everyone is really into it. Mom even started preparing for my big day. She's nuts just like me.

I have got an account in a dating app which is managed by mom and hyung. Though I'm old enough to do the things in my way everyone says I'm so picky when it comes to dating--- and it's the one and only reason I don't have a dating life till now.

I might be picky. I don't know as I never tried dating before. Even in school and university days, I kept a low profile as I was busy enjoying my days with Jimin, my bestfriend. He was that nerdy guy and I was his that dumbest bestfriend. Both of us wasn't interested in dating then--- we were busy in our own way.

Now that I'm turning twenty five in four months mom desperately want me to get married as my great-grandfather did a number on the family fortune when he made it so the trust fund only be left to the heir if they are married before the age of twenty five. And my grandfather and father thought it was an good idea and followed the custom and now I'm the prey.

I don't really wanna get married now--- trust fund or not, I'm still young. I don't want someone to put a leash on my freedom.

I know all the zeros in my trust fund can't obtained by exactly desirable means, but since hyung and I are taken control, we’ve built our family's company into something we can be proud of. And all his hardwork paid off as he's legally the heir now--- yeah he got married before he turned twenty five and now everyone is aiming the arrows at me.

Unlike me, hyung had a active dating life and getting married was taking another step in their seven years of relationship.

Joon hyung is a sweetheart who loves my hyung so much and the love and bickering between them made me jealous more than once--- or I could say I have lost the count of the times.

I wants something they have but my lack of dating life is mocking me with red flags.

May be It's what meant for me.

Jimin's cousin Jackson met his husband through this dating app and they are now living their happily everafter. So I can have that too--- Let's see my luck without digging further into someone else's lives.

Checking my appearance in the mirrors of the building, I let out another sigh and the same time my ringtone blast through the silent crowd, seeking everyone's attention. Ignoring those eyes plastered on me, I attend the call.

"Yah hyung you are hurting my ears." I yell back not caring about others.

He don't need phone in this range !

Why he needs to yell everytime he calls me?

"I just want to make sure you are not standing him up again."

"It was only one time. You don't have to bring that up again."

Yeah it happened last time. Our date was suppose to be over in the last week but the cleaver me and my Jiminie did something making me skip my blind date with the same person.

We were preparing for my first date and practicing how to act around him, what to say, how to initiate a conversation and those things and one thing lead to another, without us knowing we were drunk--- and woke up in the next day around evening. I thought he must be mad at me, my blind date but he just arranged another date and easily forgave me.

Okay, not him--- his mother apparently. Though he's capable of controlling a dating site, the person in charge of his account is his mother. I sometimes get irritaed when hyung read the texts his mother send to us, which is mostly about his 'handsome son'--- sometimes I want him to take care of his account tired of this handsome son comment but again my account is also managed by my family, then where's the point?

"One or two you stood up your date. I don't want it to happen again."

"It won't happen again. I'm already in the restaurant. So bye."

"Just remember to keep an open mind," hyung yells from the other side before hanging up.

Whatever I want this to be over with. Jimin and I have a friendly date tomorrow--- it's going to be him making fun of my blind date but again that's better than this date.

Walking inside the restaurant, the aroma of scented candles make me melt on the spot.

Smell nice.

I hate all the expensive restaurants in the city as I'm tired of meeting clients there. Even now it's giving me of a client-meeting vibe.

It's our first date. Why it have to be in a expensive restaurant?

Ofcourse to show off their wealth.

I have already known about it but my ideal date is walking through the sea shore in night holding hands and other outdoor dates--- I like them more than expensive dinner and show off parties. But I will never speak it aloud.

Taking a small round in the restaurant I spot him sitting on the far corner of the restaurant, tapping restlessly on his phone.

Handsome son, indeed.

Smiling I make sure I'm not mistaken.

Handsome son.

Check.

Blue shirt.

Check.

Black hair.

Check.

Black pants.

Check.

He's the one.