Chapter 2

Joe's pov

"it's your turn to pick the song." I tell M. We've been bouncing back and forth on picking songs. She's been choosing alot of K-pop songs and if I'm being honest I don't like K-pop but since she's going though it I'll listen. She grabs my phone,which is plugged into the aux and puts on confessions pt 2 by usher. It takes me back a bit when I hear this song play. For those who don't know,I love usher. I start to hum the song. Mercades looks over at me with a smirk. 

"What?" I say. 

"what?" She says back.

"whats up?" we both laugh. One thing about her is the fact that she's really goofy and also one of the nicest people ever. If I'm having a shitty day she is the only person who can make me smile. Which is bad since I'm a married man and it should be my wife doing that to me but instead it's one of my best friends. 

"how are you and Galina doing?" She asks. I feel my heart stop in my chest. I swallow a huge lump in my throat. 

"Not good." I say not taking my eyes off the road. A weird silence takes over the car. It's very uncomtorable. 

"I'm sorry." She says in a tiny voice. "If you ever want to talk I'm here." I sigh. I need to talk to someone right? Why not one of my best friends. Plus she would understand since she's currently going though it. 

"I've been thinking about getting a divorce." I say. She jerks her head in my direction. We stop at a gas station to get some gas. 

Mercades pov

We get to the gas station and Joe gets out the car. How can he just drop a bomb like that and get out the car. I roll my window my down. 

"Joe! Joespeh!" He doesn't turn around. I slouch back in my chair. Turning around,I check on Ryu. He's laying down on the chairs and snoring slightly. I smile and snap a quick photo of him. I typically send it to Sarath but since were not together anymore I send them to pam instead. Joe walks back to the car and begins to put gas in the car. I len over to his side of the car and roll the windows down. 

"I know you heard me calling you." I say pouty. He rolls his eyes.

"Cades it's not that big a deal." My mouth opens a jar. 

"Yes it is. Trust me." I say. He looks at me for a few seconds before looking away.  He takes the gas thingy out the car and gets in. Then we start driving again. 

"She keeps accusing me of cheating on her when I don't get home late. For example I said i would be home at 2am and I don't get back till 3 she thinks that I'm with someone else." 

"Wait she blames you plane being delayed on you cheating." He nods his head. "thats crazy! I mean cmon." I say throwing my hands in the air. He nods his head. 

"it's to the point where JoJo thinks were splitting up." he says sadly. JoJo is everything to him. And I mean why wouldn't she. Thats his babygirl. But I think that makes galina upset since she's always gonna be 2nd place to her child when it comes to her husband. 

"What do you want to do?"  I ask him. He stays silent. 

"I want whats best for JoJo. And us 2 at one anothers throats isn't helping any." I nod my head. "How often are you guys arguing?" I ask. He thinks for a second before answering. 

"almost everytime I walk in the door." He says. "Somethin always wrong." He says. 

"have you brought it up to her?" He sighs and shakes his head. 

"why not?" I ask touching the subject still. 

"How'd you know?" He says. 

"Because he was doing another woman and that was it for me." I say in a duh tone."