Chapter 12

The transer on a cleared off wooden desk began to flash while the owner was off somewhere else in the house doing their business. Vul groaned and looked at the caller from inside, noting Misora's screen icon blinking.

'Hoshi? ... Hoshi, are you there?'

No answer came from the girl being called.

'..... HOOOOSHIIIIIIIIII!'

'Yeah?' the girl replied.

'MISORA IS CALLING, THAT'S WHAT!' Vul exclaimed.

Just then, a faint clatter was heard down in the kitchen and footsteps sounded around the house and into the room.

"A-AHHH, HELLO? SORRY!" the girl exclaimed, tying up her hair quickly.

'Haha, hey!' Misora greeted, hold up her hand.

"Did I answer late? I'm sorry!" the girl said, rubbing her neck.

'It's fine! You were probably getting ready for school, am I right?' the girl asked.

"Well.... yes and no.." Hoshi said sheepishly.

'What where you doing then? Oh! Are you wearing that new outfit you got the other day?'

"I don't want to wear this to school, but I did promise Suyuri that I'd wear it someday. Hey, maybe you should meet her someday. You both are idols after all."

'Suyuri? Hm, never heard of her,' Misora said, resting her face on her hand in a thinking motion.

"So why did you call this early? Did you want me to visit before school?" she asked as she slipped on the transer.

'Yes, yes! You know me too well!' the idol chimed, resting her free hand on her chest.

"And it happens nearly every day," the girl chuckled. "I'll be there after I finish eating."

'Perfect! I'll see you in a bit then. Bye, Hoshi!' she said, waving at the screen.

Misora's image disappeared from the transer a second later as Vul appeared from within the device.

'Are you seriously going to wear that to school?' the alien whispered.

"... Yes.. Can I get rid of the shades?" Hoshi asked nervously.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

"So I called you here today because of..... this!" Misora exclaimed, showing Hoshi a finished song.

Hoshi accepted the sheets and scanned over it, smiling at her friend brightly. The girl returned the papers to Misora as she went and grabbed a different pile of papers.

"Like usual, my manager isn't allowing me sing my own written songs and gave me this stuff. Jeez, I wish he would just leave me alone for one second!" the girl complained. "I need a break. That's official."

"I wish I could help, but.."

"He's just going to drag you in with me. AVOID him at ALL COST!" Misora warned her friend.

"I heard ya," Hoshi chuckled holding up a hand in front of her. "He's been keeping an eye out on me ever since and when I come visit. It gives me the creeps..."

"Let me guess. When you enter the door, you see him hiding at a corner watching you. When you make your way to my room, you see him hiding at another corner or even a plant watching you. And when you're leaving, you see him hide- I think you get it," Misora listed irritatedly.