I'm in

I sat at my desk looking out to Harry's door. I came to work two hours early to make sure that didn't run into my sisters. Harry was not here yet. Two days left until the Gala, no dress , no plan and sign of fixing things with my sisters. What am I even going to say? I sighed looking back at my computer to confirm details of the Gala, I typed emails as my mind would often drift away to our cabin nights, I would get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about Harry touching me.

"Good morning Amelia" I heard his raspy voice, I looked up from my computer and there stood a smiling Harry unlocking his office. I smiled back at him.

"Morning Sir," I said with a teasing tone, he chuckles and walks into his office shutting the door behind him. 

I thought about the day we would be back, how was he going to treat me? I was scared because the nights at the cabin meant something to me. Plus I didn't want to be the office slut that slept with her boss. We had enough women being shamed at my dads office because the higher ups couldn't keep it in their pants. 

I kept typing reports and memos all morning. Harry didn't come out of his office not even a call or demand from him. It was close to lunch time I didn't want to be in the office in case my sisters came up to talk to me. 

I grabbed my keys and purse. As I walk out my office Elenor stood shocked in front of me. I stared at her eyes, they became tearful for a moment until she looked away without a word and walked past me into Harry's office. It took my breath away without even noticing I let out a huge sigh. I quickly made my way to the elevators and left the building. 

I walked along the sidewalks of New York as people pushing and shoving walked by. An hour lunch was what I needed. I picked the coffee place not to far from the office and sat there in silence. Was I being a child? I should just talk to her, I am hurt but she's hurting too. I groan throwing my head back.

"Hello pretty lady," I look up to see Liam smiling at me. I smile and get up to greet him.

"Liam! What are you doing here?" I hug him and he takes a seat across from me.

"Harry called me and my father to thank us for giving you a safe place while he came to get you, and then invited us to the Gala." He says,

" I came to pick up the tickets to ensure we get in, my father isn't in the industry anymore so they forget how much impact he actually had." Liam fiddles with his fingers.

"Liam, I am sorry about how my dad treated your family."
"You don't need to apologize." He smiles

"Walk with me?" I ask, he nods as we both get up and walk towards the building.

 As we walked close he talked about how he was actually working for Harry soon as an accountant, he was good with money which I teased him about because it sounded boring. But he laughed it off and said rich people never let it be boring. His father worked building my fathers empire, he knew everyone and everything in the industry. His father was my fathers lawyer at one point.

"A lot of lawyers huh." He nudges me,

"My father Cleary knew he would need them" I sigh, we walk into the building together.

 I got instantly nervous of running into my sisters. Liam kept talking about how Harry and him grew up together, if it wasn't for Liam choosing a simpler life style he would still be Harry's close friend. He mentioned Elenor a couple of times. As we got to our floor there was a moment of silence in the elevator. 

I was comfortable around Liam, he wasn't bad looking either. I finally got to get a good look at him. He was tall, tattoos covers his arms, buff, brown hair and brown eyes. His smile was sloppy but kind.