"you know what would make me feel better?"

"me?" randy asked before it clicked in his head that this short, slightly drunk man was probably the man renee was supposed to marry. he crossed his arms with a raised eyebrow. "can we help you?"

"we? no. renee certainly can." corey said with a scoff. he scanned randy's frame. he was taller, stronger and older than he was. 'what is renee doing with him?' he thought.

"husband, i am ready!" renee called playfully as she ran back into the living room before noticing that the door was open. she looked to see corey standing in front of randy who was blocking him from coming inside. "corey, what're you doing here?"

"i think the real question is what is he doing here?"

"huh?" she asked in pure confusion. this was the man who broke up with her a say before their wedding, this was the man who neglected her, this was the man who broke her heart. she mustered up the courage to speak, without showing her pain. "randy, this is corey; my ex." she rolled her as she stood closely behind him.

"ah, man, thank you." randy winked making corey ball up his fists. randy didn't take that into account because he could barely focus with renee's chest pressed into his back. "now, if you'll excuse us, my wife and i have a date to attend." randy nodded politely trying to close the door, but corey shoved his foot; stopping the door. "aye man, this is unnecessary."

"unnecessary? i will show you unnecessary!" corey spat as his fist connected with randy's jaw. randy stumbled back a little as renee gasped.

"you-you get the hell out of here!" she said in shock as corey stomped off. renee quickly shut the door and turned to randy who had a bleeding lip. "are you okay?" she asked with watery eyes.

"yeah," he said before looking at her. he wiped his lip. "hey, don't cry, i'm okay."

"i'm just," she paused wiping the fallen tears before taking a deep breath. "so sorry, randy, jesus, that should've never happened."

"it's okay, i promise." he said and she walked closer to him, taking his hand in hers. he smiled at the feeling and followed her as she dragged him to the bathroom. renee sat him down on the toilet before grabbing a cotton ball and hydroperoxide. she stood in front of him with a sad smile.

"hold still, okay?" she said as he nodded. he draped his arms around her waist as she concentrated on stopping the blood coming from his bottom lip. she wiped it away before it completely stopped. his eyes scanned her face. she placed the bottle and cotton ball down before he pulled her futher into him. she saved herself from falling, but wrapping her arms around him.

"has anyone ever told you, how beautiful you are?" he mumbled, brushing the hair out of her face. she smiled brightly at the compliment he had just given her. "you know what would make me feel better?"

"what?" she asked, caressing the back of his neck slowly. she felt her heart throb in her throat as the words came out of his mouth. randy made her genuinely nervous, weak in the knees; if you would.

"a kiss." he mumbled as his eyes fell to her plump pink lips. a smile formed on them as she chuckled. she nodded before leaning in, their foreheads touched. she inhaled his scent before she felt drunk. her vision was hazy; once again, nothing, but dirty, irresponsible thoughts entered her mind about him.

she took a deep breath before their lips met. they moved in-sync as his hands roamed up her jacket. she felt a little light headed from the urgency of the kiss. their lips moved together in such a fast pace that she felt something she had only been told about; lust.

she slowly pulled away, out of breath with a smile; that he returned. his hands still wrapped around her waist tightly. "can we stay in and order food?"

"yeah, of course." he smiled as he stood up from the toilet. she smiled, being forced to drop her hands to the side. "as long as i get to show you off next time." he winked, but in reality he was praying he hadn't already came off as clingy.

"yeah, next time." she smiled before pulling him up from the toilet. she brought him back out to the living room. she grabbed her house phone and sat down next to him. "pizza?"

"that's the only way." he hummed. they ordered a large pepperoni pizza and waited for it.

"what do people do a first date? brush me up, i'm rusty."

"well, first of all, they do not sit so far." he smiled small, pulling her closer to him. she turned towards him and he wrapped his arm around her. "better. now tell me about you."

"well, you already know mostly everything." she blushed thinking about they talked every night before bed since they had come back from vegas. "one thing you don't know is how much i enjoyed that kiss back there." she smiled as her hand pressed into his chest.

"yeah?" he questioned with a smirk. he looked down at her to see his wife. it had fully just kicked in that he had married a random woman and he liked her. god, he could see himself falling in love with her.

"yeah." she said leaning up for another kiss when her door knocked. she sighed with an eyeroll making randy laugh.

"hey, we gotta eat right?" he teased as she got up and answered the door. she grabbed the pizza with a smile before heading back to the couch. renee opened it and took the first slice while randy followed pursuit. "cheers." he joked before taking a bite.

"where did you go to college?" she asked him.

"harvard, cliche i know, but it's the only school my firm hires from." randy explained and renee's eyes lit up.

"no way! me too!" she cheered. "we would have probably met if you weren't so old." she teased making him roll his eyes.

"i thought you liked my age." he pouted making her giggle.

"oh, randy, i love your age." she winked. "but, harvard was the only school i applied to in boston, so lucky i got in or i wouldn't even have moved here."

"so why didn't you pursue something in the academic field?" he asked. to get into harvard, you had to be in the top one percent of your undergraduate class.

"it's a bore!" she groaned. everyone had always asked her why she didn't become a lawyer or doctor. truth was, she just liked interior design. as a child decor excited her and it stuck with her, so she chose it as a career. it's like getting paid for a hobby, she thought. "plus, do you see how good this place looks."

she looks around making him smile. she looked so impressed by her own work. "yeah, it does look amazing."

they talked for two more hours before the clock read twelve am. she looked from him to the clock and he laughed. "don't you have work early?"

"yeah, about seven?" he said reading his schedule off of his watch. she looked at him like he was crazy which made him smile. "don't think for a second that this wasn't worth being late for."

she smiled proudly as they both stood up from the couch. she walked him over to the door where he put on his shoes and looked down at her. "text you tomorrow?" he asked.

"i'll be expecting it." renee said as she unlocked the door. he placed his hand on the knob about to walk out when she pulled him back. she leaned up for a kiss, which made him smile. he met her half way in the middle. their lips moved in sync before he pulled away.

"goodnight."

"goodnight, randy." she smiled as he walked out the door. she closed it behind him and rested her forehead on it. she was falling for him and fast.

a/n this took FOUR days to write akddjjd wth