02 - Seventeen

17: Pink $weat ft. Seoksoo

We'll be dancing the same groove,
When we're ninety-two,
The same as seventeen

━━━━━━━━━━ • ━━━━━━━━━━

3RD PERSON'S

A thumb caressed across Jeonghan's fist, his fist which were weakly lying across the white medicine scented sheets.

The ticking clock, the beeping of the machines, and weak, yet heavy breathing was heard from the four cornered hospital room.

Jeonghan, was in his room, in the hospital particularly. He does not have disease, he was there instead, because of his old age.

The old man dismissed their family members, that's right, their, as the patient, Jeonghan, was sharing the same room with another person.

Both of them- Jeonghan and Seungcheol, politely asked their two daughters, as well as a grandson, to leave them alone in their room, leave them with nothing but a cellphone that will play a particular tune.

Both women cried, having a clue as to what will happen and why they made the request, but followed their last wishes anyway after leaving soft kisses over the worn out skin of the elders.

Once alone, Seungcheol reached out, wrinkly and shaking as he held out his hand in the middle of their shared bed.

And by shared bed, I meant two hospital beds pushed to the middle to meet each other, a special request from both elders. Jeonghan lied down on the right side, and Seungcheol on his left.

Once Seungcheol has interlocked his fingers with Jeonghan, both hands as rough and dry, the latter glanced up and looked him in the eye.

Meeting his eyes, the same pairs of eyes that used to be so bright and brown, now shined as grey due to poor eyesight. But Seungcheol still found that beautiful, even with his blurry eyes, he can clearly see the beauty his husband holds.

Their hairs were gray and were weakly threaded on their scalp, but Jeonghan would still smile as he run his hands through Seungcheol's once thick raven hair.

Both faces just as crumpled, wrinkly, and old, but both found themselves adoring the sight. In fact, they both had dreamed of seeing and being together till they became old, and that's what are they now.

Seungcheol took time to admire his husband's face, though features were droopy, the older can still picture Jeonghan's face back when he met and befriended him in highschool. It was beautiful and captivating.

He was someone whom accepted him for who he was, for the clumsy and happy go lucky way he acted. It was always him, always Jeonghan whom loved and understood him.

-I guess it started from
the day I met you.
You shine too blindingly
bright to be refused.

Seungcheol then slowly sat up, with the age of 92, just like his youth, he sure is strong, he managed to get up by himself.

He groaned, his body wanted to collapse back in bed, so he panted and Jeonghan watched him as he rubbed his back from behind.

"Be careful." he lightly scolded. Seungcheol slowly smiled at that, it was like their first meeting...