03 - Mad at Disney

Mad at Disney: Salam Ilese

'Cause I feel sad, love,
I feel bad, love.
Sometimes happy love,
Turns into giving up.

I feel hurt love, 'bout the word love,
What the hell is love
Supposed to feel like?

━━━━━━━━━━ • ━━━━━━━━━━

3RD PERSON'S

"Happy Birthday, Yoon Jeonghan!!!"

The crowd greeted aloud after singing numerous round of happy birthday to celebrate the birth of the beautiful young man standing in the middle of the room, a blue cake on both his hands.

His and his friends' faces covered in blue cake frosting as they had a bit fun chasing around and smudging them in their faces, even before he blew, or even light up the candles.

Some of these even reached his pink hair, making it feel sticky but also made it look like combined flavors of cotton candy.

"Make a wish!" said Seungcheol, while holding up a lighter to bring life to the dull candle.

Ignoring Seungcheol's words, Jeonghan didn't even bother to close his eyes, or spare a second to whisper a wish, instead, he immediately blew the light from the candle, receiving noises of complaints and frustration from the crowd as the thread of smoke lifted to the air.

"Eyyy! You didn't even make a wish!" Seungkwan complained, whilst, flashing his signature disappointed look.

Jeonghan chuckled at them, shaking his head, cause seriously.. what's the use of wishing?

These things, wishing in a candle, wishing upon a shooting star, is nothing to him but myths.

Myths to make people believe that their wishes would actually be granted.

Myths that made little innocent children believe that they'd actually, miraculously, turn into superheroes, dinosaurs or princesses when they wake up.

But he's officially 21 now. Maybe if he was still the naive seven years old Jeonghan, he'd gladly hope, whether from a candle or a shooting star, for his parents to reconcile— which never happened, so at the age of eight, he decided he was mature and refused to believe in wishing like he did every previous birthdays.

During his younger years he repeatedly wished for his parents to go back the way they were, but in the end, it turned out the opposite and they grew apart further more. But the worst scenario, the person who taught him wishes, were the one who failed him.

Jeonghan then chose to keep quiet as he placed down the cake and they started placing foods in their plates, instead of blabbering his thoughts out loud.

How he remembered his parents fighting after finding out his father was cheating on his beloved mother,
how he and his mother lived with his cousins and grandmother who then tells the story of how her heart was also broken.

Seriously? No one has ever told a story to Jeonghan about their happy ending, about how they walked and danced in long ballroom dresses and wait for their prince charming till they get married and live happily ever after.