My Own Interpretation

• Dedicated to Mariechel Gallos

The song ASTRONAUT of Simple Plan made me reminisce my past.

The meaning of their song is hidden through some words. Because I like some interpretations, I made my own one.

Please, if you have one on mind, don't try to argue with me. We have our own explanation to everything. You can share it to me in a nice way. I will gladly know it.

This is how I interpreted the song   -------->>>>>

The motto, "The higher you go, the farther you can see." Is a best suited  motto of an astronaut.

We all know the obligations of them, right?

They explore the universe and made some observation.

"Can anybody tell me why? I'm lonely like a sattelite."

Satellite has been manipulated by humans. We are greatly benefiting this invention for with this, we can locate anything we want. It's just a thing. A thing that continuously working for the pleasure of everybody.

"And tonight I'm feeling like an astronaut

sending S.O.S from this tiny box

And I lost all signal when I lifted up

Now I stuck out here and the world forgot"

Astronaut refers to a person who takes responsibility that  benefits others but returning no benefit to the person itself but knowledge.

"Sending S.O.S from this tiny box."

Larynx is the tiny box in our throat who can produce sound. As to some situation, a person is calling for help (socially, mentally, emotionally or etc.).. (not literal  call for help but help done by obvious moves or voice.) but he/she just being ignored.

"I lost all signal when I lifted up

Now I stuck out here and the world forgot."

If a person gives a benefit to others, he is considered as higher or more respectable than those below him, but when an abuse has taken place, it may result to nothing. You abuse being high and soar high because you know they need you for a purpose. You slowly detaching yourself from them. And in the end, if you want something you cannot obtain without others, you will only find yourself looking for some attention

"Now I lie awake and scream

In the zero gravity

And it started to weigh down on me

Lets abort this mission now

Can I please come down?"

Being ignored by everybody is an emotional tormenting to a person. The life of that person will be depressing. Because there's no gravity pulling him/her towards the world. There's no influence pulling him/her towards his/her friends.

What's the connection of the song to me?

Well, my heart got high and mocked my friends. Because of the thought that I was "benefited", people "needed" me. I considered myself higher than my friends and those who was needing my help. In the end, I was left alone. No one wanted to be friend of me. My friends left me even I gained knowledge to impressed them. I was considered a satellite (a thing) and an astronaut (because I took responsibility without expecting in return.)

Now that I had a proud heart, I had no one to turn to. Even if I have done everything to make a friend, I just found myself not suited to anyone.

"The higher you go, the farther you can see."

I had gone higher (referring to studying) and I see farther (the wisdoms and knowledges.) But because when you soar high, you were fighting against the gravity. I was fighting against the influence of my besffriends. Though she kept on getting me to be with her, I just fought back and rose by myself. The influence of her affection slowly weakening until it felt no more. And when I got out to her affection, I should now face the darkness of universe with so many stars (hypocrite persons) around me.

THE LESSON:;

I should place where I should be: the naturality of the life.

ABOUT THE BOOK COVER:

You may think that the book cover wasn't related to my story. But it had a meaning.

The picture was taken by my friend of mine: Mariechel Gallos from the corridor of National Museum. As I stared to that corridor, I really imagined that people gone so high to obtained and build some kind of high structures to be admired by the people, but after admiring, the corridor would be as lonely and as empty as that.

Get my point? 

Elaborating was so hard. I just couldn't find an exact word to describe how I feel. Kindly bear with me for that.