It's Just The Three Of Us... Oh Wait, He Died. It's Just the Two Of Us

Watching Naruto get stabbed by a giant sword, was the worst feeling Hinata ever had. Especially when she heard Naruto tell Kurama to stop healing him to save chakra. So, like any other cliche part in a book or movie, she yelled out Naruto's name making Sasuke aware of what happened.

"We need to retreat." Sasuke said. He picked Naruto up bridal style as Hinata started healing him even as they moved.

   "We have to do the jutsu." Naruto declared.

   "We can't. It's unstable and we have no idea when we'll appear." Sasuke shook his head. "We need more practice."

   "We don't have any more time. I'm about to die. It's now or never. It's our only option, Sasuke." Naruto argued.

   "What are you two trying to do?" Hinata asked.

   "We've been working on a jutsu that can take us back in time. Before the war started." Sasuke answered.

   "Is that even possible?" Hinata asked.

   "Between my Rinnegan and Kurama, it's possible. The only problem is how difficult it is. If we don't do it right, we could cease to exist. Not to mention the amount of chakra it takes up. Which is another reason why we can't do it. Your chakra is too low, so you need to focus on surviving." Sasuke stared at Naruto.

"Sasuke, it's too late. I'm not going to live much longer. I'm dying, so please trust me. We can do this." Naruto held such intensity in his eyes that Sasuke had to agree. He stopped and laid Naruto down on Hinata's lap.

   "Naruto, no. I'm not going to let you die. You have to survive." Hinata cried.

   "Hinata, it's ok. I believe in you two. You guys will succeed. You'll still be able to see me. My younger self will still be there. It'll be ok." Naruto comforted his wife.

   "But it won't be you. All your memories will be gone. It won't be the same." Hinata argued.

   "I'm sorry. My past self won't know how awesome you are, but with time, I know he'll realize it. Then we can have our perfect wedding when you guys prevent the war from happening." Naruto began to channel his chakra and merge it with Sasuke as a signal to start the jutsu.

"It will never be the same. You'll be dead. Even if we do go back in time, that Naruto will never be you. It'll be a different version of you, but not you." Hinata denied.

"You're one of the best things that ever happened to me. I'm so happy you became part of my life. Hinata, I love you and I'll never stop. Even when I'm gone, I'll still love you. More than anyone or anything on earth." Naruto was getting weaker and weaker as his blood and chakra left him.

"I love you too." Hinata kissed him and stroked his hair.

   "I better not see you two for a long time. You guys better live until you're at least 90. If I even see a glimpse of you before you hit that age, I'm knocking you back to life. That's a promise." Naruto grinned.

   "We won't die. I promise we'll live. For you, for Sakura-" Hinata glanced at Sasuke. "For everyone."

"Teme, I'm counting on you as my best friend, as my brother, to protect her and keep her safe. Also happy. Don't let her get too depressed." Hinata placed a long, gentle kiss on his forehead.

"I would've done that anyway, dobe." Sasuke scoffed.

   As Naruto gave in his last bit of chakra, the jutsu was completed. Just before fading away, Sasuke and Hinata was unfortunate enough to catch a glimpse of his cold, lifeless eyes. Eyes that were filled with so much love and excitement even though he was dying.

———

Yes, I realize that was short. The next chapter will be much longer. Well, I hope you enjoyed it.