Wave Mission Pt 2

"If you don't explain to us why those guys were targeting you, our mission may end as soon as we reach land." Kakashi threatened.

"Gato blah blah, bridge building blah blah, too poor to afford B or A rank blah blah, guilt trip into helping me blah blah." Tazuna said.

"Well, when you put it like that, I guess we have no choice but to help." Kakashi agreed.

———

Hinata eventually stopped using her Byakugan. She was starting to get tired, and Kakashi was really persistent. That's probably why Zabuza caught her by surprise.

   For the most part, Hinata and Sasuke didn't do anything. They just let things play out the way they did last time. Sasuke did what he did last time, and Hinata used some pretty lame tactics to try and "distract" him. It's not like her and Sasuke could walk on water yet. If they did, it would be kinda suspicious.

   They did keep Kakashi from getting too injured this time. They had perfectly timed attacks that saved Kakashi, much to his displeasure. He needed the help, but his students needed to stay out of it. Zabuza was far too difficult for them. (Bullshit)

When Zabuza was about to lose, Haku came and did what he did last time. They had the same discussion and everything as last time. Everything went the same for a long time.

   Eventually Kakashi told them to climb the tree with no hands. Obviously, Sasuke and Hinata could do it. Hinata fell a few times before getting all the way to the top. Sasuke decided to do what he did last time. He knew Naruto would throw a fit if Sasuke beat him.

   As the day went on and it grew dark, dinner was made with the help of Hinata. Naruto and Sasuke came in to eat and did that eating competition thing again. They'd stuff their faces until they got sick, puked, stuffed the their faces, puked and repeated.

   Sasuke would never admit this, but he missed this. He missed the competitions. He really enjoyed this part of his relationship with Naruto.

   After eating, Naruto and Sasuke went back to climbing, Kakashi watched them, and Hinata helped with the dishes. She decided to attempt to sleep. She knew she wouldn't be able to, but decided to try anyway.

   After not being able to sleep, like she thought, Hinata went up to the roof. Being up high in the outside usually calmed her down for some reason. It wasn't long before Kakashi joined her on the roof.

"You did good today, Hinata. You have great chakra control." Kakashi complimented.

"Thank you." Hinata squeaked. Compliments always embarrassed her.

"How did you learn how to punch like that?" Kakashi was suspicious of her. Of course he was. It's not like she was really hiding her power. She was really skilled for a genin. A little too skilled.

"I was practicing the gentle fist when I got curious. I wondered what would happen if, instead of releasing the chakra out of my hands, I hit while having the chakra still in my hands. I'm not very good at it though." Hinata lied. Kakashi seemed to buy it. "I can only do it half the time, and when I can do it, it's not as powerful as it could be."

   "I wouldn't sell yourself short. When you punched me and kicked that one guy, it was really powerful. You're very skilled, and you have a lot of potential." Kakashi smiled. "Now, I've seen you climb a tree, so let's work on water."

   "Hai."

———
Everything was pretty much the same. Naruto and Sasuke finished at the same time, the thing with Inari and Naruto happened, the conversation with Haku and Naruto happened (Hinata was sure Haku was a girl and was trying to hit on Naruto. Sasuke was barely able to hold her back and stop her from revealing to Naruto that they were spying on him), Naruto stayed behind and saved Inari and his mother, Sasuke and Naruto fought with Haku, Sasuke became a porcupine again (he already knew how this ended and didn't want to change the time line. Definitely not lazy writing), Haku died, Zabuza died taking down Gato's army, Naruto found his ninja way, and the bridge was named The Great Naruto Bridge.

   So, yeah nothing changed. Well, something really different did happen on the way to the village.

Naruto was thinking about his next strategy to ask Sakura out, but something else was on his mind. Every time Naruto thought about Sakura, Hinata would pop up inside his head. He would start thinking about Hinata instead of Sakura.

He would think about how strong Hinata had become. How she was brave, smart, really powerful, and... had Hinata always been that pretty?

"Yes. Hinata's appearance hadn't change over the past two seconds. The only difference is that you've become a little smarter." Kurama grumbled.

'And who do you think you are to make fun of me?' Naruto thought.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Kurama smirked.

"Dumb fox." Naruto mumbled.

Something seemed familiar about that conversation. Something about that brought back a wave of happiness. It made him feel relaxed somehow. That's when he passed out. It was random and completely unexpected. He just fell down and face planted. It would've been funny if it weren't so random.

   "Naruto!" Hinata shouted in panic. She attempted to use her Byakugan, but she had been using it too much. She used it during the entire Haku and Zabuza fight. She was exhausted and couldn't use it anymore.

"Naruto, what's going on? Can you hear me?" Kakashi tried to stay calm. Panicking wouldn't help anyone at the moment. He flipped Naruto over and checked for a pulse.

   "Is he-" Sasuke began.

   "Just unconscious." Kakashi reassured.

   "Do you know if he'll be ok?" Hinata asked.

   "He seems just fine, but I'll have to take him back to the village to make sure." Kakashi began to lift him up when Hinata caught a glimpse of Naruto's stomach when Kakashi lifted him up.

   "Wait." Kakashi put Naruto down. Hinata lifted up Naruto's shirt to reveal a deep, ugly scar. "Sasuke, it's Naruto."

   "Obviously it's Naruto, but what's wrong with him?" Sasuke huffed.

   "No, he's our Naruto. He's back."

———

   That took a while. The next ones should come out quicker. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.