Mrs. Conrad

This is not really related to adhd but I felt the need to share this.

When I was in sixth grade, it was the first time I attempted suicide. I was scratching my wrists so hard little drops of blood came out. And then I tried strangling myself with my belt. There was a group of girls, who still take every chance of taunting me to this day. They hated me. I don't really know why. My theory is that I didn't worship them like everyone else did. I made sure they knew I disliked them. Very very strongly. One day we were in the bathroom and I snapped. I missed my sister (I will explain later) and my mom was constantly one on business trips and my dad was a jackass. Still is.
I snapped. I began shouting at them, all of the things I had held in. And when they left I stayed in the bathroom, hid in one of the stalls, and sobbed. I was so scared and alone. The bell rang and I stayed. About ten minutes later I heard heavy footsteps and my teacher, Mrs. Conrad, walked in. She looked a bit shocked then hurried over to me and hugged me. I never liked her at first. She was strict and boring. But right then and there she was all I had. I cried into her shoulder for a bit and she looked at me and smiled slightly, "They can be mean all they want, but I think they are just jealous you think for yourself," she then patted my shoulder an said I could have some time to clean up and walked back to the classroom.
No one had ever said that before. I looked in the warped mirror at my blotchy red face and wiped away my tears. I took a deep breath, then another. I squared my shoulders, set my jaw, and whispered to myself, "78 days," and walked back to class.