Chapter 7 - Science

Chapter 7 - Science

Schools started back up months ago and Marco had found what he thought was a productive use for their shared dreams.

"Hey Star, you feel ready?"

"Can't we just snuggle tonight?" She spoke with a whine.

"Nope"

"Fine I guess...sure toooooooooootally ready."

"Elements, go!"

The young pair were lounging on a blanket covered bed in the center of a great library. A light rain was hitting the windows providing a constant soft background noise. Star was on her back while looking at the ceiling. She was very un-enthused by the situation.

Raising an arm above her head she started. "Fire." Flames leapt from her hand. "Water." A small rain cloud formed. "Earth..."

Marco sighed. "No Star, commmmmeeee-on. Periodic table elements."

"Oh, right-right...Electron." Lightning shot from her hand. "Protron...ah." Balloons with plus signs on them appeared above her. "Neutron. What the heck does a neutron look like anyways?"

Marco hopped off the mattress and walked over to a well organized bookcase. After poking around he returned with two heavy textbooks. "Here, everything I know about the periodic table and this one is general science info that should help you with your class."

"You know how I feel about these study-dreams! I go all-day looking forward to dreaming with you and I just get more crappy all-day stuff! Why do I love someone who is so frustrating?! Aarrggh!" With that Star took the largest book and used it to make a tent to hide her face. "It's like a cake Marco! I save the frosting for last but you keep taking my plate away before I finish. I WANT MY FROSTING!"

He just giggled and pulled at her left sock. "I, Marco Diaz, take an oath. If my girlfriend passes her science class, maybe the last science class she ever needs to take for the rest of her life, I will make her cakes for a week with whatever type of weird flavors she likes and with as much frosting that can fit on top."

Star thought for a minute while in her book face-tent. "Are we talking work-week or the full seven days?"

He pulled at her big toe. "Full seven days."

"C- pass?" Her tone told him that she was considering his offer.

He pulled at another toe. "I'd like to see a B but I'll settle for a C."

There was much grumbling but she sat up, snapped her fingers to change the bed into a reclining chair, and finally started reviewing the books. "No complaining about the flavors I choose!"

He gave her a smile, "Love you and I bet you can get an A if you put your mind to it."

She replied with a grunt, "Whatever."

Marco watched her study for a few minutes but stopped as soon as his girlfriend gave him the stink eye. "Don't mind me Star, I'll find something else to do tonight." He surveyed the library of memories considering his choices.

At first Marco was organizing shelves that contained memories about his family. He kept finding random picture books mixed in with his texts. "'Cute Animals I Want to Pinch', 'Marco's Sleepy Faces'? What are these doing here?"

Looking back he saw that she was still reading. "Hey Star, is it OK if I look at some of your memory books tonight?"

She replied back in a monotone. "Whatever Mr. Study-Jerk. Just don't get all hurt when you find memories of me hating you for making me do this."