"Burning Up"

NEWS

NEWS

A large fire has occurred in the neighborhood of  XXX in Mustutafu.  Officials say the fire began at around 4:00am, when it was first identified by an elderly man of the neighborhood, Hayato Yamamoto. Yamamoto claims he was woken up by the smell of something burning and immediately notified some of his neighbors. Yamamoto then proceeded to call the authorities as some of his neighbors spotted one of the homes go up in flames. A few of the occupants of the neighborhood attempted to slow the flames, but it was rendered useless as the fire spread too quickly. Authorities arrived quite late, leaving most of the neighborhood reduced to ash. Officials say that the cause of the fire is unknown, an was most likely an accident.

The class of 1-A huddled around Izuku Midoriya, looking down  upon his phone, observing the new report being given out. All of the students were fascinated with the situation, especially taking note of how quickly the fire had spread. Well, almost all, students like Bakugou and Todoroki had remained in their seats not caring. As for the Yuu siblings, well they hadn't arrived yet, in fact no one knew where there were. Only a few took notice of this, Todoroki being one of them.

***

The students had been chattering among themselves for some time now, waiting for class to start, when the man notorious for his yellow sleeping bag entered the room.

"Take your seats. We'll start attendance now."

One by one Aizawa called off names.

"Yuga Aoyama."

"Here~"

"Katsuki Bakugou."

"Here."

And so on. 

"Annya Yuu."

"..."

The teacher checked the absent box quickly, giving no extra thought.

"Nishinoya Yuu?"

"..."

By now, the class was confused, wondering where the two siblings were.

"Has anyone seen the Yuu siblings-"

The two kids stumbled through the door.

"We're here!" the two exclaimed together. They were covered in soot and smelled heavily of smoke. Annya's breathing was ragged and rough, as if she'd been smoking her entire life. They both had damp towels hung around their necks, occasionally patting their foreheads and face with them to cool down. Annya rubbed harshly at her skin trying to get rid of the black substance off  her as she and Nishinoya made their ways to their seats. Aizawa cocked an eyebrow at their appearance. The class widened their eyes, putting two and two together and coming to the conclusion that the siblings must've been in the neighborhood.