Secrets Out

Triggers/Warnings: N/A

Author: Sparklesloveunicorns

Author's Summary: "Baby today has been awful so many kids screaming and fighting, and the moms were touchy today, and I think my shoulder is burnt in this fucking Hawkins heat it isn't relaxing like California sun it is gross"

Billy rounded the corner and stopped abruptly.

Steve looked terrified like he was looking at the monsters again a few months back.

Then he heard Dustin and Mike "did you just call him baby?" "Why are you even here"

It was hot, too hot. One of the hottest days to date actually. It was the middle of summer in Hawkins Indiana. This meant the town pool was crowded of old women and screaming kids.

Steve knew the kids would not last long before the kids tired of sharing the pool and came to him.

Sure enough not even an hour later he heard a heard of kids screaming as they entered his house "Steveeeee steveeeeee???"

"Dustin I can hear you why are you screaming"

The kids looked slightly annoyed and sweaty. Dustin rolled his eyes "the pool is crowded and Billy is being an ass about everyone being to close together so we have to share and then the kids are running, and it's not our fault that it's busy and we have claim our spot"

It was too early and hot for this "he is just doing his job D" Steve should have realized who he was talking to. When he looked up he realized the whole group staring at him.

"Why are you defending him"

"What I'm not I'm just saying that he is working that's it"

"Whatever we are going swimming"

With that Dustin trucked off followed by El and Mike holding hands looking like they would rather be alone than with the group, and then Lucas and Maxine.

Max had a habit of always looking Steve directly in the eyes almost like she knew what he was thinking. Almost like she knew what actually went on with Billy and him behind closed doors.

Steve knew he was going to be in for a long day. He went upstairs and quickly changed into his blue and red stripped swim trunks and made his way to the pool.

Mike and El were playing chicken with Lucas and Max while Dustin played the referee. Steve chuckled when Dustin disqualified El for using her powers to knock Max down.

It was actually kinda nice having the kids around. After the monsters thankfully went away Steve had a hard time being alone, and he has Billy but no one can know he has him so the kids make it nice for him.

On that thought Steve noticed a couple bourse have flown by and he should probably get the kids food. "Hey listen up" eight eyes snapped in his direction so fast Steve was actually surprised of his power.

"Time for lunch, dry off and get inside"

Already walking back towards the house Steve heard a huff and a "We're not even hungry" but the kids followed non to less.

Steve had ordered pizza the night previously for him and Billy to share during a movie they had rented. Which ended up being side tracked to other activity's. He took it out of the fridge and heated it up.

El was still learning about different foods and how to act like a normal kid. It warmed his heart to see her laugh and interact now and not be so haunted with fear. It was the same feeling he got when he got to know Billy.