Chapter One: Love Languages

Hi everyone! This was initially intended to be a one-shot based on my interpretation of Brittany and Santana's love languages, but it evolved into a 10-part short story instead. The story follows canon, beginning at 3 x 07 (I Kissed A Girl) and follows it up to the wedding, but I wanted to explore my own personal head-canon to fill in all the missing pieces that we never got to see on the show, including future Brittana after the show finished. So if you're looking for something that takes the girls from canon right through to adulthood, this should be a good read for you.

My main story, Invisible String, as any of you who are reading will know, is quite angsty and the last few chapters in particular have been a hard write. So I wanted to write something much more fluffy, with more of an instant happiness, and this came out.

I hope you all enjoy! I'll be focusing back on Invisible String now, bc it's my main baby, but if anyone has any requests for one-shots, spin offs etc based on this, be sure to let me know!

"What can I do to make you feel better?" Brittany asked softly, as she watched her girlfriend pace up and down frantically.

"What can you do Brit? It's been done now. Finn knows about us, and soon enough everyone else will too" Santana threw her hands up exasperated. Her response had sounded a little harsher than she intended, but she couldn't help it.

What Finn had said about her being in love with Brittany, that she might not love her back, had really cut her deep. As if outing her in the corridor wasn't enough, he really had to make her doubt her girlfriends love for her.

"San, I know that you..." Brittany began, but she didn't have time to finish her sentence before Santana had interrupted her.

"Do you even love me Brittany?" Santana asked, her tone doubtful and sour. Brittany couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"What!?" she frowned

"Finn seems to think you might not" Santana laughed. But it wasn't a genuine laugh, it was one of sarcasm, and it hurt Brittany to think Santana could even think like this.

She knew her girlfriend's afternoon had been tough, and that right now her mind was swirling with anxieties from being outed, so she wasn't thinking rationally.

"Come on Santana. Since when have you let yourself get down on Finn Hudson's opinions. He doesn't know anything about our relationship"

But Santana still wasn't softening, as she stood arms crossed, staring out of the window with her back to Brittany.

"No, you're right, he doesn't. Nobody does, I get that. I get that we aren't out, so people don't have a clue about us. But come on Brit, when was the last time you actually told me that you loved me?"

"This morning" Brittany scoffed with a shake of her head. She couldn't believe they were even going here. After all she had been through to fight for Santana's love, Santana was really going to doubt her?

Santana cast her mind back to this morning, when they had parked down the block away from prying eyes, so they could sneak a kiss before saying goodbye to each other. Santana had told Brittany she loved her, and Brittany had of course said she loved her back, before Santana got out of the car and walked the rest of the way. She was worried that people would get suspicious if they arrived to school together every day, even though they always had done before, and even though friends could totally do that.

Yes, Brittany had told Santana she loved her this morning, but to Santana, it always felt like it was her saying it first. After the unexpected stress of the afternoon, she couldn't help but overthink everything.