Chapter Seven: Perfect

The wedding planning was in full swing, and Brittany had insisted she do the majority of it. Not because she was a control freak, but because she needed to make sure she was doing everything possible to take the pressure off Santana. She wanted it to be easy for her, so she didn't have to cope with any of the hard bits or logistics.

Santana knew all about Brittany's desire to lighten her load and take care of her, so she let Brittany get on with it, getting involved in all of the important bits whenever Brittany needed her.

She didn't care if they eloped just the two of them, and got married in the middle of a field, as long as they were together. But Brittany wanted them to have this big special day. And in Santana's eyes, whatever Brittany wanted, Brittany got. She'd always make sure of that.

They wanted to get married quickly, and they had set a date for mid-November, because they felt there was no time to waste. Life was too short to wait around, and they knew this from a number of reasons. Finn's untimely death, their break-up, the original Glee Club coming to an end. Life could change in an instant, and they wanted to make sure they were together for all of it. They decided to stay in Lima to plan the wedding, since it was only a few weeks away. Then they would take off on their honeymoon and move to New York together in the new year.

As they sat in Brittany's room, with Santana looking through the guest list that Brittany had constructed, Santana noticed her Abuela's name on the list. The same Abuela who had rejected her three years ago.

"Why are you inviting my Abuela?" she asked with a sigh.

"Because you won't, and she should be there" Brittany said, looking at Santana knowingly.

She knew how much Santana adored her Abuela, and how it was killing her not to have her in her life anymore. In the three years since they had stopped speaking, Santana's walls had gone up, and she had refused to reach out to her again, her stubbornness shining through. And Brittany felt her love's pain so deeply, as if it was her own, but things can change in three years. Maybe Abuela could change her mind.

Her sadness was further alleviated, as she watched Santana tell her the story about the shared dreams, she and her Abuela had shared for Santana's wedding day. Now it was on the horizon, she wasn't going to be a part of it, and that hurt Brittany. It hurt her because, she knew how badly Santana would want her Abuela there on the happiest day of her life.

"Having her at my wedding means not marrying you" Santana had told her "And I'd choose you over everyone" she admitted intently.

Brittany's breath hitched, melting at her fiancé's vulnerable words, and she leaned forward to touch her. Desperate to comfort her, and for Santana to know how loved she was, no matter what her Abuela thought.

"I'd choose you too" she said softly, as she placed a chaste kiss on Santana's lips, cupping her face tenderly.

That was it for Brittany. Her Acts of Service love language sang louder than ever, in her determination to get Santana's Abuela to come to the wedding, in order to make Santana happy. She'd do anything, to see that happen.

Brittany's first port of call was to visit Abuela and find out her views on love and marriage. Judging by Santana's story, it was important to her, and if it was still as important; Brittany hoped that perhaps she could cast aside any views she had, to come together for such an important day. Although deceitful in her approach, in pretending to be a nurse for Abuela (grateful that Abuela had no idea who Brittany was), she felt less guilty knowing who she was doing this for.

She was delighted to find that Abuela did still value marriage highly. She had told Brittany that marriage was a day of celebration and when people got married, they needed to be surrounded by family.