Chapter Six: Everlong

After a brief visit to Massachusetts to pick up Brittany's belongings, the Pierce's kindly taking the bulk of it back to Lima for her, they touched down in New York together to gather Santana's things. Brittany was eager for Santana to show her around, to show her the life she'd been living for the past 5 months, but Santana was keen to get away on vacation, just the two of them. They had a lot of making up to do, and the rest of forever to live their lives in New York together.

So off they headed to paradise. Just Brittany and Santana in their own little bubble. They held hands down the narrow, cobbled streets of Greece, and they cuddled atop Mauna Kea as they watched the stars in Hawaii. They tried new foods, drank lots of wine (pleased that they were of age in Europe), they laughed, and they reconnected. They shared sunset kisses and sweet words at sunrise, and they more than made up for all of the sex they had missed out on in their time apart.

It was a time of sheer happiness and bliss, that neither of them wanted to end.

8 and a half months of pain and misery

8 and a half months of pure love and happiness and rebuilding.

Both girls agreed they would have suffered it all, to come out the other side as happy as they were now. They returned to New York in April 2014, better connected and stronger than ever.

The issue was, that they didn't have a home, and neither of them could even afford a deposit. Their travels had left them high and dry, but they couldn't return to Lima, they were sure of that. Santana was offered her job back at the diner, and she figured she could save all of her tips up, for a deposit. Brittany, got in contact with an old friend she knew from the dance world, and he offered her a gig teaching dance freelance.

They were barely going to be rolling in money, but it was a start to their dream in New York together. Brittany's friend kindly allowed her to stay with him rent free on his couch, since they went way back, so it was just Santana in need of a place to stay while they got saved up.

She couldn't go back and live with Berry again, so she reached out to Mercedes to see if she could stay with her while she got back on her feet. Mercedes had agreed, but warned her that Sam was living there too, but Santana told her she had no issue with this. Sam wasn't with Brittany any longer, so Santana could abide him now.

One thing neither Santana nor Brittany wanted, was for their honeymoon bubble to burst. Being back together felt so special and sacred, and they didn't want any outside influences to infiltrate that.

They hatched a plan together, deciding to keep Brittany's presence in New York a secret for now, the only person who did know about it, being Mercedes. It felt exciting, meeting up for date nights just the two of them, both of them living in their own little world and seeing each other as often as possible, putting money into their joint savings account ready for their own place. Their first home.

When Santana was offered an opportunity by Mercedes to join her on tour, she wanted to jump at the chance, knowing the money could be great in going towards their deposit. But she told Mercedes the same thing she had told her, when she had asked her to join The Troubletones. She wouldn't do it without Brittany.

"Easily done" Mercedes had shrugged "I'll talk to the label. She can come as my backing dancer"

And just like that, Brittany was signed up too, much to both Santana and Brittany's delight.

Then Santana was offered another Yeast-I-Stat commercial, and as much as she didn't want to be known nationally as the girl with the raging yeast infection, she knew it would be foolish to turn the money down. So off she went to Iowa, while Brittany showed up at Kurt and Rachel's as planned, imposing herself on her friends now that Santana was out of town.