𝙣 𝙞 𝙣 𝙚

clammy hands clutched the frosted and cold glass of mango milkshake, and doyoung kept tapping his foot impatiently while waiting for taeyong and jaehyun.

it had been 15 minutes since school ended, and doyoung hated the way he kept on checking his appearance and the way his heart would jump out of his chest whenever the door to the cafè opened.

why was he so worked up?

there were just two people from school.
they were working together for a school project and, that's it.

doyoung was sure they would go back to ignoring his existence as soon as their project would complete.

too immersed in his thoughts, the boy didn't notice taeyong and jaehyun until they came and sat before him.

doyoung froze, not knowing what to do and say as both of them kept on staring at him.

"hey doyoung."

jaehyun's deep, husky voice and his smirk broke doyoung out of his reverie, and the boy averted his eyes to taeyong who laughed softly at their exchange.

"babe, stop scaring him. he's new."

jaehyun joined in his playful banter, and doyoung had to look away cause he thought he was being invasive.

i mean, who was he?
just some random student who they got to know just 2 days back.

it's not like they'll be something else.

something more.

although, doyoung couldn't deny the way his heart leaped when both of them smiled at him.

-

they decided on starting the project at doyoung's place.

the boy asked why they couldn't do it their place, and the couple went silent, and that was doyoung's cue to stop asking those questions.

maybe he was being too invasive.

and that is how they ended up walking side by side, taeyong and jaehyun's hands intertwined.

doyoung felt so sorry for his hand.

he kept his hands tightly to his side, not letting the itch to hold taeyong's or jaehyun's hands with his own.

he knew it was crazy, but he couldn't help but get attracted to them.

both of them.

he just couldn't help it.

he understood that they didn't know each other personally, they weren't even friends.

just partners for some random school project.

and so, not wanting to let himself get hurt in the end or worse, break them up, doyoung pushed those unimportant feelings down his heart,
not realizing that those same feelings will show him many new things and feelings.

after all, feelings that come back,
are the ones that never left.

-