Chapter 22

The next day, I woke up feeling so light. After days of waking up with the sound of my alarm clock, I was saturated with happiness when I didn't hear on first thing in the morning. I stretched my arms while yawning and jump out of my bed after. I walked to the window and opened the curtains, my eyes narrowed when the sun streamed into my window.

Today is a holiday, meaning, no work, And no work means I'm free for the whole day. I'm not planning on doing anything but just lay around and eat everything that I want. That would be a perfect one day holiday.

I smiled, 'It has really been awhile since I'd get to enjoy the morning sunshine like this.'

If I were to be asked, I prefer the sunrise than the sunset. I don't know why but I find the sunset a bit sad to see.

I turned around and headed to the door but I took a glance at myself on the mirror before completely going out.

'I look funny, but still the same.'

I chuckled as I looked really messed up there on my reflection. Reminds me of that day when Jeonghan came here and I looked like this. The grin on my face became wider as I remembered all those memories. Didn't know I could laugh at it when it was one of the many embarrassing things that I did.

I first went to the kitchen and to the fridge, got the box of cereals and milk and mixed them together in a bowl. I sat on the floor, my back against the sofa and turned on the TV, and before I knew it I was already laughing at some good comedies.

Suddenly, the door bell rang. I furrowed my brows. Who could that be? Ari? I stopped my spoon on the bowl and walked towards the door.
I narrowed my eyes and looked through the peephole, and there I saw Jeonghan; in casual clothes at this time when he should be at his office.

I was about to open the door but I remembered my face that I saw on the mirror just earlier; a total mess.

"Just a minute!", I shouted and immediately ran to my room. I was still on my pyjamas and changing now would take a lot of time so I just decided to wash my face and comb my hair after, and I think I did all of it pretty fast.

I first took a deep breath, slowly walking towards the door.

'Just act naturally, like how you acted this past days with him'

I unlocked the door and opened it after, revealing him. The way he immediately smiled somehow eased me.

"Hi!", He greeted.

"H-Hi!", I forged a smile. "B-But why are you suddenly here?", I creased my forehead but he just chuckled.

"Am I not allowed to?", He cheekily grinned and I just screwed up my face. Here he goes again, avoiding the most obvious things.

"Why?", He whined, prolonging the word as he pouted. "I wanted to see you.", The moment he said that, I had goosebumps all over my body. I've always knew that hearing something like this would be cringey, and it really is.

"I told you, no one will fire me but my Dad but I know he will not, and today's a holiday shouldn't I be taking one too?", He wiggled his shoulders acting as if he was the most pitiful person.

'He's cute.', I wanted to tell him that but I couldn't bring myself to do so.

"You're right, but you should rest since you'd get to be free the whole day.", I pulled a smile as I was indirectly telling him that he should go home and rest there since he's been so busy lately.

"So let's go.", I was confused.

"Go where?"

"Inside?"

"Inside where? Inside my house?"

"Ding dong daeng! You got it right.", What? We stay inside my house? Together!? For the whole day!?

"I don't think that's a great idea, you should-", but before I could even finish my sentence, he already grabbed my shoulders and made me face the other way and pushed me inside, still his hands on my shoulder. He made me sit on the sofa as he dashed back to the door and closed it.

He sat next to me. "Raise your hands.", He said and I absentmindedly did.

"Why-", I was about to drop my hand as I realized that I wasn't on my right mind just now, but he suddenly lay his head on my lap. It was so unexpected that I gasped.

"This is comfortable.", He closed his eyes as he sighed in relief. I was still in daze as the things that happened just now happened so quickly that it was so hard to sink in.

I looked down at his face and he really seems to be in peace. I tried to calm myself by looking at him and it did help.

I grabbed the remote just beside me and turned off the TV as it was a bit loud. I looked back at his face and a smile quickly flashed through my face. Unconsciously, my hand reached out to touch his forehead, I put aside the strands of hair that was almost poking his eyes.

"Is your legs sore?", He asked along with his undeniably attractive husky voice. I just smiled and shook my head. "Not at all."

"Remember what we talked about yesterday?", He asked but I didn't respond and instead just waited for him to continue. "I want to get to know you more.", He slowly opened his eyes.

"Is that why you wanted to come here?", I chuckled. He grinned and looked at me straight in the eyes.

"It's rather one of the reasons why I wanted to come here."

"So, what do you want to know about me?", I raised my brows at him.

"Everything.", His husky voice was still evident. I pursed my lips as I placed my hands beside my legs. I didn't know what to say. I really don't have anything in particular to tell him nor something interesting about me, and now that I have come to think of it, how can I not know a thing about myself when asked?

He sat up and settled beside me. Our knees were in contact that I didn't have any choice but to stay still.
This is so nerve-wracking. What should I do?

"Oh, were you eating?", He asked and when I looked at him, his eyes were on my bowl of cereal.

"Y-Yes. I didn't get to finish it since things kinda happened....", I mumbled the latter parts. I only got to eat half of it since he came and eating suddenly by myself would be very uncomfortable.

"You can eat."

"It's okay, and I don't really like soggy foods.", Since it has almost been an hour since I prepared that, the cereals that was crispy earlier, absorbed the milk making it all soggy.

"Really?", I nodded my head. "I like soggy foods.", He chuckled. We have something unlike but it's okay, when in a relationship, I don't think having the same exact taste is necessary to have a stronger bond.

"And didn't you realize? We already got to know something new about each other.", He chuckled and I did as well.

And I've come to realize that things like this comes more naturally than asking it in one. Just like this, we got together, know something about each other and I'm sure will eventually get to know more.

_______________

Hey guys!

I just wanna tell you that this is already the second to the last chapter and I'll be posting the last one very soon. Thank you so so much for all the love that you gave to this fic!