Chapter VII

Mia had taken a deep breath and crutched into the lounge, with a smile plastered on, for the people sitting inside. The lounge was a luxurious but comfortable space. Mia would have liked to get a lounge of her own some time, she felt like it was something famous people had. For now, it was no hurry. She thought about it as her lackeys helped her sit down. She enjoyed her life now; she had everything she needed. Her family cared about her, she was practically famous, and most importantly: she never had to be lonely. There were always at least one or two fans following her around, smothering her in compliments whenever she wanted them to, and taking care of her. On the internet, she had thousands of more fans, commenting on her posts and photos, admiring her, and showing their support.

They chatted quietly for a while and took a few selfies for the media while Klaus talked to Carmina. Mia tried to eavesdrop without them noticing she was interested and managed to snap up bits here and there. Apparently, Carmina now owned a business called Plasmasmart. Mia got the impression that Klaus was asking her for a favor, but she didn't quite get what the favor was. It looked like they were talking about her; every now and then, Carmina worriedly glanced over at her. Maybe Klaus was explaining her condition to her. After a while, a third person entered the room.

"Little sister, you're going to get well." Klaus had come over to them and shared the news, speaking partly to Mia and partly to her followers who listened keenly.

"I am?"

"These two people have a successful company, and they've promised to do everything they can to help you." Mia listened with pretended excitement, careful not to reveal her inner thoughts. She didn't want to get well, but they couldn't know that. She had a bad feeling about what was going to be said next.

"Bring Little sister here on the opening night", Carmina instructed Klaus. "We'll give her new blood-" New blood? That sounded scary. "-and she'll stand up, no, she'll jump up on the stage!" Carmina was picturing the happenings in front of her, and her excitement rose. "She'll do the splits and some tricks, and then she'll jump on a trampoline into the air and come down with a parachute, and she will be cured!"

"Wow" was the only thing that came out of Mia's nervous mouth. This didn't sound good. It didn't sound good at all.

"This is fantastic!" Of course, her followers were in ecstasy. They had immediately posted the news online, and over twenty thousand people had already seen the post. Her fans were congratulating her and wishing her good luck. She felt nauseous.

"We're so happy for you! How exciting, now your fight will finally end, and you'll get better."

"Yeah, jippie", Mia responded, all but enthusiastically. She knew her fight wouldn't end. She would simply have to pretend the plasma blood didn't work. Hopefully, she could fool the others again. Hopefully, no one in the audience would see through her tricks.