Chapter X

Mia lay in her bed, once again, but this time she didn't feel alone. It was late at night, and both her mom and dad had already visited her room to wish her goodnight. They had taken it okay but were still a little shocked about finding out she had lied. Klaus had helped her explain it to them, and they didn't seem too mad. Somehow they had understood, and afterward, they had all hugged. Klaus had groaned, but Mia could see from the way he had smiled sarcastically that he had actually liked it.

Then they had met Carmina and hung out, the whole trio, for the first time in over a year. Mia had liked that. They had filled out the paperwork for Mia to start school again in the fall. This time she was going to attend all her lectures. She was a little bit nervous, but Carmina had assured her that she had felt the same way when she was her age. "I'm sure you'll find new friends", she had said. "Even I did", she had joked and nudged Klaus on the arm. They had caught up and were getting along again.

Mia felt herself doze off to sleep. Her head was filled with happy thoughts, and her body felt warm and cozy. Maybe I can get a happy life, after all, she thought to herself, and a moment later, she was already deeply emerged in her sleep.