Chapter 11

Chapter 11- Sophie's POV

"I have a theory, Miss Foster. Your mother could have been an elf all along," said Mr. Forkle. Sophie's head spun and she mumbled, "No way!"

"A telepath. I never forgot the day she got pregnant, the delivery was too easy, her abdomen turned pink. And we saw her there ourselves," said Mr Forkle.

"Her eyes were a navy blue," added Sophie.

"She's working with the Neverseen?" asked Sophie.

"Seems like it."

A tear spilled from Sophie's cheek. Mr Forkle said, "I also understand why she didn't give you to the Neverseen. First of all, I was right there. Second, she would have been too guilty. Third, I believe we erased all of your important memories, and Gethen and Alvar knew that, so they wanted the right age for kidnapping you."

Sophie's fists curled up, she spent years worrying about her mother. Years. She rescued her from Nightfall, Sophie was right. They kidnapped her mother just to distract her. Her anger was exceeding more and more now. Tears flowed through her eyes.

"About Keefe...," started Mr Forkle, paying almost no attention to Sophie's mental turmoil.

She looked at him, he inhaled sharply and said, "His mind is broken."

"I want to heal him. Now," Sophie said. She was furious, he didn't tell her before.

"We were hoping that would be your response," Mr Forkle nodded.

He led her to a small room where Physic and Elwin were seated, they were both nursing to Keefe who was thrashing just like Alden.

She closed her eyes and dug into Keefe's mind.