Chapter 16 and 17

Chapter 16- Sophie's POV

Sophie got lost on her way to wash her hands, and now she was standing in a dusty room with her mother. She got her inflicting skills ready but then, she realized her mom was crying.

"Sophie! They controlled me, they have a person called Mesmer with them!" cried her mother.

Sophie took a few steps back and said, "Um, okay. How did you escape and how do you have your memories back?"

"The Washer you used works with them," mumbled Emma. Sophie nodded slowly and said, "What do you want? We're washing your memories again after this, and you go home and mention nothing to Amy!"

"I, uh, I need a place to stay at," said Emma slowly. Sophie said, "Nowhere near our houses."

"Sophie, please," Emma said, nearing her daughter. Sophie let out a scream and someone immediately came in. It was Keefe.

"Leave her alone," he said.

"Keefe, leave," Sophie's voice broke with pain. That's when she saw Emma holding something strange in her hands. It was a pathfinder.

She saw her turning it, understanding flooded in Sophie's mind and she screamed for help. Keefe grabbed the pathfinder and broke it into pieces, Emma groaned and Keefe tied her to the wall.

Sophie called for help, and two men barged in.

They talked about shipping Emma to exile. But Sophie couldn't process anything.

She closed her eyes and let multiple tears seep through. She was gonna vomit, her own mother lied to her. Again.

Her vision blurred, and her chest felt like it was gonna burst from the pressure. Her breathing started to go shallow and she barely saw Keefe pulling her and leaping her away.

~

~

Chapter 17- (Keefe's POV)

I didn't know what to do, Sophie was crying really hard. It was evening now and I had leaped her to a lake in Eternalia. The sun was setting and it was a beautiful place. Sophie dried her tears and said, "Um...sorry for that...um, crying fest."

I nodded coldly, I knew that I had no proof that she cheated on me but she had been lying to me. About a lot of things.

Sophie frowned and said, "Are you okay?"

I cleared my throat and didn't respond. Sophie nodded slowly and said, "If you don't tell me, I'm gonna use my awesome telepathy skills."

"Why have you been lying to me?" I asked, my voice broke.

The shadows under her eyes darkened. "Because...you would hate me. And I swear I did not try to kiss Andrex Melonian, he kissed me and I couldn't do anything and then, you came in. And it all ended up being a plan that the Neverseen made," she whispered.

I was so confused. "But...my girlfriend told me that you cheated on me?" I asked.

Her eyes grew wide and she whispered, "Girlfriend?"

A huge wave of pain hit me and I said, "Well, yeah, she said we dated for secret for a while..."

Sophie said, "But...you've been dating me for a while and we never really broke up but I figured we were over."

Understanding suddenly dawned on me and I said, "So Tania lied?"

"Oh. She has been obsessed with you for a long time, grabbed her chance I guess," said Sophie looking down.

I could feel her hopelessness from a foot back.

But then, I kissed her.

And as several sunlit moments passed, my memories came back.