♕Clementine ; The Gentle Flower♚ ( EDITED )

With a sharp inhale I was jolted from my restless sleep, bolting upright and panting. I seemed to be breathing quite shallowly, and I was covered in a cold sweat, but I was used to that by now. For years I had been plagued by nightmares like this, and the last pleasant dream that I had had happened too long ago for me to recall.

Nevertheless, I got up out of the bed that Hughes had graciously provided for me, and seeing as I had collapsed into bed with my clothes on, simply shoved my feet into my shoes before leaving to go to the bathroom.

As I washed my face, brushing my hair out and pulling it back messily, I wondered what I was going to say to the Elrics with much anxiety.

'Hello, sorry about that earlier... I guess that was childish of me... you're right.' No, that sounded too simpering, and didn't actually fit my feelings on the matter. 'I apologize for you getting the wrong idea about my work and our conflicting morals'

I sighed, the more I thought about what to say the more I wondered what I was meaning to apologize for. It wasn't as if I had been in any particularly wrong, at least I didn't think, but I still felt bad for some reason.

Either way, as I left the bathroom and poked my head into the dining room, I hoped that I would be able to clear the air between me and Edward.

Edward and Alphonse sat silently at the table by themselves, as Edward half-heartedly dug around in his porridge, not seemingly all that interested. The air grew incredibly tense and awkward as I walked past them, and sat down across from them.

For a moment, I sat silently, not knowing what to say and growing increasingly more embarrassed.

"We heard you crying last night." Alphonse blurted, and immediately I felt my face grow hot and red. If I wasn't embarrassed before, I was now.

Edward coughed loudly, not wanting to look at me through the very heavy air in the room. "Oh..." was all I could say, and I dumbly found myself searching for words, sweat rolling down my flushed face.

"He wanted to say he's sorry but he's too embarrassed to say that. He realized that judging you so harshly upon first impressions is wrong and unfair. And he'll help you find the families of Scar's victims." Alphonse added. He seemed to be glowering harshly at Edward, who had his head turned in refusal to accept any of this. It seemed that Alphonse had probably had a very intense talk with Edward last night.

I felt beyond mortified at this point- the night time was the most amount of time I had alone with my own thoughts, and my thoughts tended to be extremely depressing, so crying before bed and having these mental breakdowns in the middle of the night had become an every-day occurrence for me. However, these teenagers had no way of knowing that, and I realized as I stared at them that they had assumed I had fled from their room in tears and cried hysterically over the fact that they had criticized me.

Which, the more I thought about it, seemed even worse and more immature than I could stomach. I resisted the urge to bang my head against the table and groan, and instead forced a very awkward, nervous smile. "Oh, no, it's alright... it's not like that at all."

"No!" Alphonse cried out with quite heart-felt emotion, bringing his hands down on the table. "Edward has no idea how much you went through last night, almost dying like that! It was beyond rude for him to treat you like that! Which is why we're gonna help you, and why I made pancakes for you..." Alphonse trailed off, pointing sheepishly towards the kitchen. "I hope you like them, I couldn't taste-test them but they look pretty good, so you'll just have to let me know."

Staring at the adorably shy and passionate boy, awkwardly situated inside a clunky armor suit, I couldn't help but cave in a little. It was very clear that he meant no harm at all, and just wanted to help. So, after giving several prefuse thank-yous, I fetched the aforementioned pancakes from the kitchen and sat down.