Chapter1: It's ALEX. A-L-E-X.

(Warning: There's gonna be some cursing and stuff like that in this chapter. Just giving you a heads up. ^^" )
-------

ALEX

"Turn to page 201 of your textbook."

I sighed. Physics. How I loathe that subject. There was dead silence in the classroom. Most of them were sleeping, others chewing on their pen caps, some staring blankly at their books. I guess all of us agree on one thing. Plus the fact that our professor's voice is... Angelic. Or so he says. It keeps us from keeping our eyes open. Oh and I forgot to mention that we have double period physics today.
Did the first bell ring yet?! When will this be over?! With my arms spread all over the front, I groaned silently as I banged my head on my desk.

It's been a week ever since I first entered this school. Times were sort of rough for me, not only because it was a prestigious academy but also because of my mother's fashion taste. Ah yes. You wouldn't believe what she made me wear the first day. My mom's styles are always so not... Me. A black mini skirt paired a tube top filled with either frills, or if I'm feeling lucky, a top with actual sleeves on it. I mean, seriously. It's not like every girl in this school is going to wear that, right?!

But I stand corrected. It actually was what most girls wear in this school. Though, it wasn't all that bad. I just don't like the idea of ME wearing... those. As a solution to avoid further arguments, I would secretly pack my denim jeans and a t-shirt inside my backpack. I'd go inside the nearest bathroom, once I arrive, and change into it before anyone notices. Mom would always try to throw or give away my clothes, Saying that these aren't meant for young ladies to wear. Pffft! Yeah right.

Fortunately, I met another girl who had the same clothes style as me. Who knew that there'd actually be girls that aren't so... preppy, to say nicely, in this school. It was on a day where my mom took my backpack and found out about my change of clothes. I was forced to go to school. I hid in the restroom, waiting for a miracle to happen. And when I thought all hope was lost, there she was. The well known, mostly among boys, athlete and student council president, Jessica Frost. She went in the restroom in her usual student council uniform. She found me and I had to explain everything. Long story cut short, we're pretty much sort of friends. We easily got along. And through her, I got to meet the others. Luke, Titus, and Will. So yeah. Checklist: Friends(?) accomplished.

Flick!

I was startled by the sensation of paper landing on my head. I looked around before opening it. An origami crane? I wonder. Nobody seemed to glance at me. Weird. My fingers fidgeted it until it opened. A note...
It read:

Hey Alexandra.
I don't mean to be minding your business.
But...
You should be paying attention if I were you.
There's gonna be a pop quiz.
Just giving you some advice.
Trust me.
-W
P.S. Yes, Hello. ALEXANDRA.

A shot of irritation grew within me. I could help but cringe my nose at my first name. Ugh. Who wrote this?! W?! Who the heck--

...Wait...

I slowly turned my head to his direction. He was reading his book, but as if on cue, he looked at me. His face was serious but behind his glasses, I could see a bit of humor in his eyes.
Will...
He blinked innocently. As if he were a kid trying to hide a sin. I was wrong about the part where all of us hate Physics. Apparently I forgot about him. The smartest guy in class. No... The smartest guy in the entire school. Plus, he's one of the heartthrobs in this school filled with good-looking people. Ugh. Another reason why my self-esteem lessens each and every single day. Another reason why I seriously feel like I don't belong here.