Chapter 4- The Tribute Parade

After boarding on a luxury train and being brought to the capital, I quickly fall asleep. The next day I am waken up by Sophie and Jace. Jace was a previous winner and my new mentor.

"Alright get up Rue. Thresh is already awake. Today is the tribute parade.

I was taken to a room where I met my stylist, Olivia. Olivia and her prep team took away what little body hair I had, and combed all of my fluffy hair.

"Time for you to see your outfit!" Said Olivia excitedly. She showed me to a room where there were a bright blue shirt with some buffy sleeves and some jeans overalls, with a silver crown in the shape of a plant to top it all of.

"Your tribute partner will be wearing the same outfit, but with a white coloured shirt." Said one of Olivia's helpers.

I mounted on my horse. My whole body was shaking. Everyone was cheering , and suddenly, the cheering got much louder. I looked back and saw district 12 tributes on fire. I could see the careers angrily starting at them, but I found their outfit breathtaking and let out a soft smile. After the parade, I was exhausted and quickly wen't to bed, hoping I would have enough energy for the training and assessment.