🌙Just for the Night💫

All of the friends are on The Skeld (spaceship) doing their tasks but then there's been a mysterious murder. We interrogated each other, but there wasn't enough information. It's now night time, but some are still shaken from the event earlier.

Corpse POV

It's hard for me to sleep at night anyway, but with the recent death, I'm more on edge. Alone in my room, I just laid there, my arms resting above my head as I listen to Metalcore music. (The author has been obsessed with "Sleeping with Sirens" lately)

I'm in my black jumpsuit, which is different from our space suits we wear during the day. And we definitely don't wear our helmets this late. Oxygen runs through the sleeping quarters, including the hallway.

A knock appeared at my door. My head turned, curious at who it could be. I'm not afraid if this is the imposter, because death doesn't scare me. My name is Corpse. I'm only concerned about my friends...

My legs swung to the edge of the bunk, getting up to see whoever knocked. There's a little window near the top of the door. Not sure why it's there, but some light does come in. Looking through, all I see is a pair of leaves. I'm assuming it's Sykkuno.

Unlocking the latch, I opened the door revealing an anxious looking plant. He had his fingers together looking all innocent (👉👈). It is Sykkuno.

"H-Hey, Corpse." He quivered. I raised my eyebrows, worried about him.

"What's bugging you?" Syk looked to the floor.

"...well, there's a killer on the loose and I just don't want to be alone. Do you mind if I could bunk with you? -J-Just for the night!"

It really didn't matter to me if Sykkuno moved into my room, he's more than welcome to spend the night. Especially if he's scared. Who can resist saying no to Sykkuno anyway? He's an angel.

"Of course. Come in, please." I stepped to the side, letting Sykkuno enter. He was in his green jumpsuit, no scarf tho, he probably left it in his room.

Syk looked around for a bit, admiring some posters I have pinned on the plain walls. In every room, small storage containers underneath the bunk beds used for personal items, entertainment. And a closet, filled with jumpsuits of ones color. Mine, all black.

He pointed to the top bunk, asking if he could sleep there. I answered yes, him smiling eagerly back, climbing on the ladder to the top. I handed him a spare blanket from the closet, since he forgot his own.

Returning to my cot bellow him, I sighed.

I plugged my earbuds back in and pressed play. Is there a reason he chose me? Were the others already sleeping? I mean, it is pretty late. 10-ish.

Before I was about to space out into the music again, a head popped out from the top bunk, looking down at me.

"Hi!" He greeted, getting my attention. I raised an eyebrow, taking an earbud out to hear him better.

"Hey, what's up?"

"I'm...not that sleepy. Doesn't seem like you're tired either."

"Uh...no. It's, hard for me to sleep at night."

"So you just lay there?" Syk said, sounding sorry.

"Yep." I sat up on my cot, reaching for my storage container underneath. There's a few things in here, like spare knives, accessories of mine, etc. You know, Corpse things. I pulled out one of the items.

Sitting up against the wall, with one earbud in, I began to paint my nails ... black.

"Oh! Cute!" Sykkuno exclaimed, I blushed at the word. "You have nice looking hands, Corpse! But I'm sure you've heard that a lot by now."

"*chuckles* Yeah. Uh, I have some paper and a pencil. You can draw if you'd like." I look up at him from the bottom bunk.

"I'd like that." Sykkuno smiled, perfectly. I handed him the items and he drew. Not sure what, but at least he's occupied.

We sat there chatting for a few hours, which is crazy because time flew. It's easy to forget time when I'm with him.

The two of us were having a good time, until...

*lights flicker out*

"*gasp* Corpse!" Syk yelped from the top bunk. I did my best to calm him down while I'm still below him.

"Sykkuno, listen to me. There's no way the imposter could get into our rooms. These vents are too small. And it could just be a regular power outage." I huffed, concerned for him.

"Oh-okay. But I'm still..." It sounded like he's still scared. Heavier breathing. I got up from my cot, and climbed the latter to better consul him.

"Syk. If there is an imposter, I'm here for you, okay? I'm armed. I won't let anything happen to you."

I was about to climb back down.

"-Corpse..."

"Yeah?"

"Can you...stay up here. With me?" I waited there, thinking. Actually bashful that he asked me to cuddle with him. "I-It's fine, if you don't want too-"

"No, no, wait. It's okay, Sykkuno, ...I'm here." I climbed onto the top bunk next to him. He rested his head on my upper chest. His breathing is still sharp so I began to rub his back, calming him down.

He took in some deep breaths and let out a big sigh.

"...I'm here, Sykkuno."

It took a few minutes before he managed to fall asleep in my arms. But...my heart began to race. It's not the imposter situation, it's Sykkuno. He's making me nervous for some reason...

I smiled.

Warm feelings ran through my chest, looking down at Sykkuno's resting face.

I fell asleep.