7

Cassian's POV

She was so beautiful. From her sharp cheekbones, to her full, inviting breasts, to her long silky hair. My voice hitched and she let out a sound from the back of her throat as I deepened the kiss. She had no idea how long I had waited for this. She had no idea how long I had thought about this. It couldn't be real. Nesta Archeon. I bit on her lip and she grabbed my neck to pull me closer. She ran her fingers through my hair and I groaned. Her hands slid down and onto my wings and I tensed. She felt me tense and she faltered. Then I relaxed and let her touch my wings. I trusted her. I kissed her harder, my tongue sliding into her mouth. I half expected her to bite it. "Cassian", she murmured. I looked into her icy eyes and found fire in them. Then something clicked. And I knew what it was. "Nesta", I whispered, my thumb circiling her cheek. She leaned on my chest, just breathing. I gently lifted her chin, drowning in her beautiful eyes. "You're my mate", I whispered. "What?" she startled. I tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear. "You're my mate, Nesta. You're my mate", I whispered. She stayed silent for a moment. I froze. She was going to leave me. I took in a sharp breath. Why did I always ruin everything? Nesta grabbed the nape of my neck. "I'll never give up on you, Cassian", she whispered. "How did you know what I was thinking?" I asked softly. Nesta smiled at me. Actually smiled at me. "Through the mating bond", she said through kisses. I swallowed. Nesta was my mate. Nesta was my equal. She pulled back but I grabbed her hand. "Enough, you brute", she laughed. She turned and put on new clothes. She yawned and I just watched her. She was beautiful. So beautiful. Inside and out. She was the one who ignited my heart. She lit it up. I remembered something that Feyre once told me. Back when Feyre lived in the mortal realm, she painted flowers for Elain, Stars for herself and.... fire for Nesta. Fire. Nesta was my fire. I expected her to melt my heart but instead, she set it ablaze.