14. A rainy sunday

~5 months later~

Aiden's p.o.v.

I'm out of breath, I can't run any longer.
My wolf form is at its limit but I have to continue running. My heart is beating faster and faster.

The trees become more and more unfamiliar as I hear something coming from behind me. I make a sharp turn to the left before it can reach me and I take off into another direction.

I run further into the forest, trying to find the best route for my escape. I hear twigs snapping next to me as my wolf tries to run faster but suddenly, there is a giant wolf coming from my left side, throwing himself at me.

As we collide, we both change into human form, midair. He tackles me to the ground, me landing on top of him. As soon as we're lying on the ground though, he spins me around so I'm under him.

"Got you", he whispers in my ear.

A smile breaks out on my face as I stare at Wilder who has the same expression as me.

"Well, I guess that means Noah's lost the bet then?" I say laughing.

"Yeah, he'll be so pissed", Wilder answers humorously.

"Come on let's get to them.", we change back into wolf form and run off together to the big garden in front of the alphas' mansion. I've been told many times that this is now also my mansion but I still cannot say it because it seems so surreal. As we arrive at the picknic we brought here half an hour ago before we made bets on who could catch me first. Wilder or Noah?

James came around the corner with Luke hanging over his shoulder. "Hey, that wasn't fair! I'm not even a wolf, how the hell should I be able to run faster than you?", Luke complains, probably from getting caught too fast.

I giggle as I put my clothes back on after changing back into human form. In the last months, I've become significantly more confident around my mates. Around other people it's still the same as before but I'm working on it. My body doesn't look as bad anymore, most of the scars faded completely and at least I'm not extremely underweight anymore thanks to the alphas rules, though I am still on my way to a normal bodyweight.

I feel so happy with them and we've already said that we loved each other. It's like heaven on earth.

I sleep eight hours a night now, I never knew how much better I could feel by sleeping for so long. I have so much to thank them for...

"Ha, you're right, it wasn't fair darling. But it was fun for me", James says putting Luke down and laughing.

"Douche", Luke mutters under his breath but can't help the smile that makes its way up to his face.

"Damn it! I seriously thought I could make it.", Noah came walking out of the woods, more like stomping. I laugh a little and shake my head.

"In your dreams", Wilder responds, teasing Noah over his failure and then grinning at him and giving him a peck on the lips as Noah reaches the blanket we're sitting on.
He lets out a sigh. "You were just too fast for me, darling", he says to me and I kiss him as a response.

I look up at the sky and see that there are clouds forming. Strange. When we started coming out here it was perfect weather and now, it seems to have been replaced by grey sky. 

We start chatting about this and that and I lean against James. I listen to the music Wilder has put on on a speaker near us and I get lost in it.  I look up at the sky and feel the first raindrop I've felt in so long reach my forehead. As it hits me, I smile as it makes its way down my face. A nice sensation.