Chapter 5

T                                                                                                                                                                              1/09/1994

5:27 pm 

Currently, me and my squad were standing in the crowd full of little first years that were waiting to be sorted into their houses by the sorting hat just, like we were, in the Great Hall. The hat sat on a stool sang some really boring song and that it was our time to shine.

Professor McGonagall came to the stool with a roll of parchment in her hands and she started,'' when I call out your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool. And when the hat announces your house, you will go and sit on the appropriate table.''

After all of the first years were called out we waited for what will happen with us when Professor Dumbledore, The Headmaster, stepped to the front from his seat at the table. ''Good evening my dear students. As maybe some of you might have noticed, we have a little special situation on our hands. These six lovely ladies and one gentleman," he winked at Sam, „are the children of The Twelve."

Great. So my story was revealed by Dumbledore. I looked at the Gryffindor table that I recognized thanks to the colours on the students' robes.

A subtle whisper suddenly started in the room, and Dumbledore waited for a second and then shush the noise. „Yes, some of you might have heard about them already. This year the ministry informed us that they will be coming to the sixth year, to study at Hogwarts. I hope each one of you will accept them in any house they will be sorted into. So, please, Professor McGonagall, continue the sorting."

She now rolled out another, a way less short, parchment. „Allen, Cornelia." Cora resiliently stepped forward and sat on the chair. She took a deep breath, took the hat to her hands and immediately we heard a loud: „SLYTHERIN!" She, pleased and with a grin on her face, went immediately towards the Slytherin table that was now loudly cheering and clapping.

Next was „Coats, Samuel!" He sat on the stool, with a slight unbothered look on his face and soon after he put the hat on his head it announced „GRYFFINDOR!" An incredibly loud banging and cheering sounds were coming from the Gryffindor table. Sam proudly stood up and went to sit to the table, where everyone was already making seats for him.

''Cooper, Victoria!'' the Professor announced my name and I nervously went to the stool to get sorted.

I don't have anything to worry about, right? Every house is great and I will be not mad for any of them, they all have some great qualities and traits. House equality forever.

As I was sitting on the stool with the hat on my head it looked like it heard my thoughts and I could feel its' smirk. Yes, I really did feel it smirking even if I didn't see it.

''You are a witty one and I think you know that,'' it said inside my head and that shouted, ''RAVENCLAW!''

At that moment I felt so happy and proud that I practically sprinted to the Ravenclaw table as the crowd cheered. I even could see Fred and George clapping so hard that their hands could fall off any moment with big smiles on their faces and the occasional whistling.

As I was sitting at the table full of joy it was Natalie's turn to get sorted. „Oltman, Natalie!" She tried to shake off her nerves and bravely went to the front, to find out her result. The hat broke the silence of curiosity with „GRYFFINDOR!" The students in Gryffindor were blasted with happiness that they are by far the only house with the two of us. It took a while after they shut off the celebrations.