(FOR) OR (NEVER) EVERMORE

╰┈➤ ❝ɪɴ ᴀ ʟᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ ɪꜱ ᴀʟʟ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀ ᴍʏᴛʜ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇꜱᴛɪɴʏ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ ʀᴇꜱᴛꜱ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅᴇʀꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀꜰᴜʟ ꜱᴏʀᴄᴇʀᴇʀꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ. ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ɴᴀᴍᴇꜱ? ᴍᴇʀʟɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴍᴇʀʏ.❞

                                                                                 (ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟꜱ x ᴍᴇʀʟɪɴ)

..••°°°°••..

AEUREUS, a name popular in folklore, children's storybooks, and the witch community. Known to be the most powerful sorceress to have ever lived, over two millennia ago, alongside the sorcerer Emrys and King Arthur Pendragon, within the mythical land of Camelot. Over the course of centuries, theories and speculations weaved through stories in witch households and humans alike, speaking of the peace and prosperity that would thrive should the Triple Goddess command a new age brought about by The Once and Future King, Emrys, and Aeureus. Some believe the sorcerers linger beside humanity, hiding in plain sight, awaiting their king's return. Others chuckled—there was no such thing as magic. None had told a tale firsthand when encountering either sorcerer or sorceress. Not for the lack of trying, though; it just seemed that The Great Aeureus was truly just another legend.

EMERY FAY tended to stick to herself. Her days consisted of wrists deep in blood, alcohol on her tongue while fixing the sick admitted to Avalon Hospital with weary eyes and a dreary smile before returning to the dingy flat that she shared with her father. He'd send her a soft smile as she walked through the door, gesture to the warm dinner prepared before his ocean blue eyes inevitably returned to the gift he'd received in their first lifetime—the only one that mattered. Dinner went cold as she sat expressionless, fingers playing with a ring around her neck, thoughts racing on everything—her loved ones, her country, her family, her duty, the hole in her soul where they belonged. Her failures. Too long, she bore through loving and losing everything on repeat; she wanted nothing more than for it to end.

New Orleans had been a spontaneous trip, a three-week-long get-away from her father's pleading to unwind, relax—not that it'd ever worked before. Emery, however, hadn't imagined that a previous one-night stand would cause a messy extension of her holiday in The Big Easy than originally planned.

..••°°°°••..

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ᴇᴍʀʏꜱ ꜰɪɴᴅꜱ ꜱᴏʟᴀᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ ʜʏʙʀɪᴅ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴀᴡᴀɪᴛꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇʀ ᴋɪɴɢ.

ᴏʀ

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴋʟᴀᴜꜱ ᴍɪᴋᴀᴇʟꜱᴏɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴏʀᴄᴇʀᴇꜱꜱ ᴀᴇᴜʀᴇᴜꜱ ɪꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴀ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ.

°°••....••°°

Playlist: Hollow Faces

Hurts Like Hell, fleurie & tommee profitt. Dynasty, miia. All For Us, labrynth & zendaya. I Will Wait, mumford & sons. If I Killed Someone For You, alec benjamin. The Archer, taylor swift. Silent Scream, anna blue. One More Day, diamond rio. Fix you, coldplay. Washing Machine Heart, mitski. Leaving Tonight, the neighbourhood. Nobody, mitski.