1

"You should make me a coffee," Wilbur said to Schlatt, who was standing in the kitchen by his parent's coffee press, mumbling about how complicated it was.

"You don't even like coffee, Wil." He grabbed a pot of boiling water and poured it over the coffee grinds, yelping when some of it splashed on his skin.

"That's not true. Phil just never lets me have it.". He liked these moments with schlatt where it was just them hanging out together. It was calm, with them just enjoying the others company.

Wilbur hopped up on a countertop near where Schlatt was standing, shivering when his skin made contact with the cold marble.

"Well you have to obey daddy's orders" Schlatt chuckled at Wilbur's disgust.
"Say daddy again and I'll fucking kill you"
Schlatt giggled in delight, and soon Wil was too, the others laughter just too contagious.

He looked at the clock on the stove. 11:54. Phil said to be home by midnight, however they both knew that wasn't going to happen.

Being around Schlatt was so... addicting. They could hang out for days, sometimes sitting in silence, and other times telling stories only the other will hear. Wilbur doesn't think he's ever enjoyed someone's company more. Schlatt was his safe space, and he hoped Schlatt felt the same.

Wilburs thoughts are interrupted when a warm mug is pressed into his palms and he looks up, meeting Schlatts eyes
"You made me one" he whispers, eyes never leaving Schlatts.
"I did."
"Thank you." His hands are on either side of Wilbur's legs and he's leaning slightly forward, causing Wil to lean back and rest his head on the cupboard. The air between them is tense and the silence is deafening.

It's always been like this. Looks that last a little too long or touches that feel a little too nice. It's been building up for years. And now Wilburs sat on Schlatts kitchen counter, brain moving a mile a minute.

Schlatt clears his throat and leans back, grabbing his cup and leaning against the counter opposite of wil.

"You know Mrs. Carlson? Yeah well, I have her for maths and..." Schlatt rambles on like nothing happened. Like he didn't just make Wilbur lose his goddamn mind. Like he didn't just make Wilbur crave to touch him more than ever.

Schlatts laughing and talking about his math class and Wilbur is just trying to breathe again.

"... and Clay, you know Clay right? Well he turns and," Schlatt never got the rest of the sentence out because when Wilbur looked up he was cackling and slapping the counter, dangerously close to his mug. And even though he's still shaken up Wil begins to laugh. Whenever they think they've calmed down one look and the laughter begins again.

Wilbur doesn't know what Schlatt said that's so funny but he'll laugh because it's Schlatt, and Wilbur would do anything for him.

"Oh my god, Wilbur I can't breath" Schlatts wiping tears from his eyes and they're both gasping for air and Wilbur looks at the clock again. 12:36.

Schlatts leaning against the cupboard with his coffee in one hand and a smirk on his face and because it's midnight and because Wilbur isn't thinking straight he lets himself think about how attractive Schlatt is, and how he kind of wants to kiss him. His mind seems to be working against him, which is rather unfortunate given his situation, and some particularly thoughts leave him rather flustered. Thankfully Schlatt doesn't notice because he's searching through the fridge, trying to find cream.
With a sigh he turns, letting the fridge door slam shut. Wil jumps at the sudden noise, spilling some of his drink on the floor.

"Shit," he mutters grabbing some paper towel from bedside the sink. For better or worse Schlatt seems to have the same plan, and for a brief moment their hands meet. Wilbur nearly tells Schlatt to fuck off, to for the love of god stop messing with him, but he refrains. Schlatt seems unphased, merely shoving Wils handout of the way. Of course he's unbothered, all they did was touch hands for Christ sake. Wilbur pinches the bridge of his nose, willing himself to get a grip.