2

"You fucking lost you prick!" Tommy's voice clipped out of Wilburs headphones, and Wil wondered why they weren't just playing in the same room.
The curtains covering his window didn't do much to keep the sunlight from flowing in, and the heat from it was bordering on uncomfortable.

"My computer was glitching" Wilbur took his headphones off. They were flung half hazardously on his mic stand.

"Yeah,sure it was " Tommy snapped, and Wil could hear him from down the hall. He groaned and leaned back in his chair, stretching, and then checked his phone. Schlatt still hasn't called.

Wilbur didn't care though. He wasn't clingy.

He pushed his chair out from the desk and left the room, pocketing his phone on the way out. Wil walked towards Tommy's room but paused at Technos door and listened closely. Nothing. Wilbur hadn't seen him in a couple days, however that was normal for Techno.

He preferred solitude and was very aloof. Wil made a mental note to check on him, as he felt it was his job as the older brother.

Wil pushed the door open to Tommy's room, where the 16 year old was staring at his computer, concentration evident on his face.
Wilbur lifted his headphones.
"HELLO TOMMY"
"JESUS CHRIST WILBUR WHAT THE FUCK"

Wilbur was giggling now while Tommy held his hands over his ears, yelling obscenities at him. If phil heard the words coming out of the blinds mouth the two would certainly receive some strong words in return. Wil put his hands up in defeat.
"Tommy, would you please calm down?"
"Shut up Wilbur"
"If Phil asks where I am I'm going to see Schlatt, ok?"
"Can I-"
"No Tommy you can't come."
"Oh but Wilbur plea-"

Wil left the room leaving a whining tommy behind. His complaints could be heard from down the hall, and Wilbur rolled his eyes.
"GOODBYE TOMMY" He shouted, grabbing a jacket and throwing on some sneakers, checking his phone one last time. Still nothing from Schlatt.

Outside a strong, cold gust of wind threatened to knock Wilbur over. Cursing under his breath he zipped his jacket up and shoved his hands in his pockets, grabbing his phone. He dialled Schlatts number, which he'd memorized long ago.

Wil remembers when they'd first gotten their phones, and how they'd called each other almost everyday. Schlatt picked up in the first ring.
"Hey Wilbur"
"Hey"
There was a moment where neither of them spoke, and for an unknown reason Wil felt scared to ask if he could come over.

"Can I come over?" He rushed out, feeling his face heat up. What the fuck had gotten in to him?
"Yeah I would like it if you did"
Schlatts voice was cracking, and Wilbur couldn't tell if it was from the poor cell reception or the man himself.
"Ok I'm almost the-"
A sudden bang interrupted him, cause him to look around. But he realized it was coming from Schlatts end of the phone.
"Schlatt?" He questioned.
Yelling voices could be heard, and Wil recognized them as Schlatts parents.
"Is everything alright Schlatt?"
"Yes I'm fine, just maybe try to hurry?"
"I'll be there in 5."
Wil hung up and put his phone away, picking up the pace.

Wilbur knew Schlatts parents fought. He knew they often pulled Schlatt into it.

☾ Wilbur was at the end of schlatts drive way when he revived a text
Come in the side door I'll let you in but we have to be quiet
He snuck around back, trying to look as unsuspicious as possible.

The last thing he needed was one of Schlatts neighbors calling the police because he looked like a thief.

When he arrived at the back door he was greeted by Schlatt, who Wilbur immediately realized had been crying.

Schlatt had only cried in front of Wilbur twice. Once when his dog, Lupin, died and again when his grandfather passed. Both times Wil had held him, rocking him back and fourth until he eventually calmed down. They never spoke about it afterwards.

Schlatt flashed him a small smile.
"He-"
Wilbur immediately pulled Schlatt into a tight hug.
"Are you ok?" he whispered and Schlatt broke down, sobbing into Wils shoulder.
Still holding him, Wilbur led schlatt into the house, closing the door behind him. Schlatt let go, although he was still crying, and led Wilbur to his room where they both sat on the floor. A bang could be heard from down the hall.

"Wilbur" Schlatt choked out. Wil looked at him.
"They came home yesterday, an-, and they've been fighting ever since and I can't, i don't know what to do" He was crying harder now and he turned and buried his face in Wils shoulder.

Ignoring how overwhelmed he was with how much they'd touched in such a short span of time, Wilbur wrapped an arm around his shoulder. He wished things would get better for Schlatt. He didn't deserve this. And Wil wished he could take it all away but he couldn't so he just held Schlatt close and hoped the hug said everything he couldn't.

Once they were in Schlatts room they sat on the floor, leaning against the wall. Wilburs back hurt.

They stayed like this for what felt like forever, Schlatt clinging to Wilbur and Wil holding him tight. They listened to his parents scream, and every time there was a sound of something breaking Schlatt would cry harder and Wilbur would hum louder.

Finally, after a few words laced with venom, the front door slammed, signalling someone had left. Sobbing could be heard from down the hall, and another door slammed. The house fell silent and Wilbur didn't know what to do. Schlatts breathing was slowly going back to normal.

With a sigh he hauled himself up and turned to look down at Wil, who had to tilt his head upwards to look at him.
"Sorry" Schlatt rubbed his eyes
Wilburs throat went dry.
"Its all good"

Schlatt opened his mouth but he never said anything, instead stumbling to the bathroom connected to his room.

Wilbur rubbed his face with his palms, feeling very drained all of a sudden. The sound of running water filled the room. He stood up using the wall as support, and pulled out his phone. The only message was from Phil, who suggested he invite Schlatt over for supper.

The bathroom door clicked open in the midst of him typing, and he looked up to see Schlatt walk out and begin rummaging through his dresser drawers. Wil finished responding and slid his phone back in his pocket. The sun was setting, filling Schlatts room with an orange glow.

"Wanna go for a walk?" Schlatt voice sounded hoarse.
"Sure. Phil invited you over for supper if you want to come." The golden light lit up Schlatts features, and Wilburs thought about how pretty it made him. And about how much he wanted to be close to him.
"Yeah I'll come" Schlatt smiled at him. Wilbur couldn't move.