4

Wilbur was sat on his bed scrolling through Twitter while Schlatt sat at his PC.
He and Tommy were playing Minecraft as the Schlatt promised however, as much as Wil appreciated it he wished he had Schlatt to himself.

He completely understood why Tommy wanted to be around him so much. It was like Schlatt had lured Wil in and now he was caught, unable to leave and not 100% sure if he wanted to.

"Alright Tommy I'm gonna log off"
"Sure thing big man. Let's play again sometime"
"Yeah yeah ok Tommy" Schlatt took off Wilburs headset and placed it on the desk, leaning back with a sigh.
"About fucking time" Wil scoffed, rolling onto his stomach.

"Awww poor Wil" he sneered. "We're you jealous Tommy was getting all my attention?"
"What the hell Schlatt" Wilbur laughed ignoring how his face began to heat up.
He wasn't jealous because his little brother was hanging out with his friend. Not even a little.

Schlatt got up and stood in front of Wil, running his hands through his hair. What the fuck. Wilbur didn't dare move his eyes from his phone screen, terrified they would give away how he was feeling. The man in front of him was frighteningly good at reading people.

Schlatt ran his hand down the side of Wils head, dragging his index finger to Wils chin and pushing it up. Now Wilbur had no choice but to look at him.
"Wilbur" Schlatt grinned.
"Yes?" He breathed.

His breath was coming in short gasps and his phone had slipped out of his hand and was now laying on crumpled sheets.

Schlatt started humming, and Wilbur tried to focus on it. Tried to focus on anything other than Schlatt, and how he was looking at him. It was impossible though because Wil could feel his eyes burning into him, could feel his finger on his chin, and could hear his breath above him. All he could feel and hear was Schlatt.

"Schlatt" he croaked out, wincing at how rough his voice sounded.
"What do you need Wilbur?" Schlatt cooed, pushing his chin up higher.

Their eyes met and Wilbur short-circuited, freezing. He couldn't blink or breathe or think because Schlatt was looking at him in such a menacing yet enticing way. He would never know if he imagined it or not because Schlatt pulled his finger away, causing Wil to stare down at the blankets, taking deep breaths.

His mind was moving a mile a minute, and he was trying to hold on to this moment for later. Schlatt had backed away and the two were silent for a few seconds, collecting themselves.

"Do you remember that Fort we made when we were younger?"
Wilbur doesn't even process the other's words, and he feels broken, like Schlatt stole a piece of his brain through his looks and touch's, leaving him broken and confused.
"Wha- oh oh yeah I do, why?"He was stuttering like crazy and his face was heating up again rather quickly.
Schlatt chuckled. "Wanna go out there for a bit? It would have a nice view right now"
"Ye- sure totally" Good lord Wilbur was a mess.

He rolled over and sat up, reaching for his phone. It was dead.
"Fuck" he muttered, rooting around his nightstand for his charger.
"What?"
"My phones dead. I think Tommy has my charger that little prick"
"It's fine I've got mine"

They crept out of the bedroom towards the closet in the entryway. All the lights were off and the only sound was coming from the analog clock on the wall, whose continuous ticking helped calm wils nerves.

Both boys threw on their coats and shoes, and Wilbur grabbed a flashlight.
"When are you going to get new shoes?" Wil inquired. He opened the door, cringing when it shrieked. They should get that fixed.
"What wrong with the shoes I've got now?"
"Schlatt you've owned the same pair of timbs for three years now. They're falling apart."
"Are you dissing my goddamn timbs?" Schlatt gasped incredulously.

Wil couldn't help but cackle, the man looked genuinely offended.
"The fuck is so funny?"
"Schlatt you- you're actually-" Wilbur doubled over, howling. Tears filled his vision, and he was quite certain he was high off of their previous interaction in the bedroom.

"What the fuck is so goddam funny?" Schlatt asked again, only this time he was laughing too. Wil was laying on the ground, choking and sputtering and rolling around in glee.

"You've been wearing converse since 8th grade so don't even" Schlatt snapped. "You dressed like an art student who calls herself a plant mom in the eighth grade Wilbur. THE EIGHTH GRADE" he shouted. Wil was in stitches, laughing so hard his stomach hurt and he was sure he was going to be sick.

Schlatt shook his head giggling, and laying down beside Wilbur on the cold stone pathway.

Eventually, the brunette calmed down, although he still had a huge grin on his face. He realized how stupid he probably looked. They stayed like this for a few minutes, just watching the stars in the sky until Schlatt spoke up.

"Why the fuck are we sitting here?"
"I don't know"
"Have you composed yourself?" Schlatt stood up, turning to pull Wil up.
"YES I HAVE BIG S" Wil shouted in his ear. Schlatt flipped him off, which sent Wil into another fit of laughter.

"Schlatt do you know where we are?" Wilbur looked around, feeling slightly anxious. They were in the woods now and had been for quite some time. All around them was darkness, and Wilburs flashlight only lit up so much.
"Of course I know where I'm going," Schlatt scoffed.
"Why are you scared to get lost?" He mocked Wil, who rolled his eyes. "No I'm not scared dumbass, I just don't want to stay out too late"

He pushed through branches, cursing when they flung back in his face. "Most of us-" Wilbur hopped over a log, losing his balance and nearly falling into a thicket of thorns."- like to sleep. Do you know what sleep is Schlatt?... Schlatt?"

He shined his light around, trying to find him. "What the fuck" Wilbur muttered. Leave it to Schlatt to get lost in the middle of the woods in the pitch black. He's lucky Wil has a shit sense of direction, or else he would just leave without him.

"Schlatt!" Wilbur called out again. He was getting more and more uneasy by the second. He walked a little further in the direction he thought was home. Or was it this way? "Fuck fuck fuck" he slumped down against a tree trunk, tears pricking the corner of his eyes. "Schlatt please" he half yelled half sobbed.

A wild thrashing could be heard to his right and Wil jumped, holding his flashlight out in front of him like a weapon.
"Wil, Wil it's just me" relief filled him when he heard Schlatts voices, and he turned the flashlight on, shining it in his direction.
"Jesus Christ you're going to blind me" He complained, shielding his eyes.
"I thought I fucking lost you," Wilbur said, wiping away the tears that had formed. Schlatt was fine. He was fine.
"Wanna go back? I forget where it is." Schlatt admitted looking sheepish.
"Yeah."