Chapter 2 : The Awakening

Purched down on a chair on the right side of Maddison, Aiden finally ends the call and puts the phone upside down on the table.
"Well?"  Maddi speaks up. And Aiden explains that Henley ( a.k.a the government ) called to tell us that  we have been chosen at random for the biggest mission yet. A great experiment that can have many different endings.

You and Bellamy did some research on the mission a while back, you know exactly what it's about, and jump from your seat and returned to your room breathing heavy with panic. This mission is called the 'Awakening Mission' and is performed once every leap year on the 29th of February. It's an experiment against 8 other randomly chosen groups, mostly from different families, yet as there are 5 siblings in the family it meets the requirements for the experiment..

You hear a knock on the door and see the light from the hall flood in as the door slowly creeks open revealing the small figure hidden behind. It's Elijah.
"So. Chosen for the Awakening are we?"
"How do you know about the A Mission El?"
"I have a computer" he said with a smurk rising from his mouth. He sits on the end of your bed and explains he thought it would be a good experience and would love to go, even though only one team comes out of the experiment alive.

Another body emerges from the light behind your door and Marcel comes in with his uniform neatly tucked and his agent code plate straight on the edge of his flatly ironed jumper. He stands up formally with his hands behind his back and tells you and Elijah how his cousins were chosen last time and came out alive. You didn't know Marcel was related to the famous 5 who won in 2064, surprisingly the story was comforting and inspiring. You wern't as scared when Marcel told every little detail about surviving the Awakening.