1. one year ago.

(Y/N slut shames A LOT in this chapter. She doesn't actually believe this, but she is extremely insecure and a jealous person. Please keep this in mind if you choose to continue reading.)

I hate Hannah Washington. I hate her natrually soft, shiny hair and her round eyes. 

I hate that she's the natrual type of pretty. 

I hate how easily she can make friends. 

I hate the way she speaks, or moves so elegantly. 

I hate her.

I started to date Micheal Munroe, the class president, just because I knew she wanted him. I flirted with her brother just to make her uncomfortable. 

I wish she could just disappear. I wish she would vanish off the face of the fucking earth.

I didn't really like Mike that much. Not in a romantic way, at least. He was hot, thats for sure, and a good friend. He's funny, but that's about it. All of his charm is cockiness and his humor. When we're alone, all he wants to do is get on the game with Matt, Chris, and Josh or fuck. And even that is boring. I don't think he enjoys dating me either. But ever since we have got together, we've become the 'it' couple of our school. Class president and the leader of the cheerleading squad. Of course people are going to be obsessed. I dont even like cheerleading. Or being part of the most popular trio at school. 

Jessica, Emily, and I have been friends since middle school. The most popular girls at school. Jessica always got the lead in any play the school held. Emily played volleyball and never got anything below an A- since 5th grade. And as I previously said, captain of the cheerleading squad and also in theatre with Jess. I love my girls. I have spent every weekend and every summer with them since the 7th grade. 

Which is why they both shared their hatred of Hannah with me. I'm not even sure why they don't like her, but I didn't care because it was nice to know I'm not alone. 

Hannah has always had a crush on Mike for as long as I can remember. When she was around him, she would do the little things to get his attention. Whether it was the way she sat in her seat, or she would wear a lowcut shirt with a bunch of neclaces to show off her cleavage. What a fucking slut. She stopped after I got with Mike, but I didn't care. She still wanted him. 

Which is why me, Jess, and Emily drunkenly came up with a plan. A harmless but embarassing prank that would hopefully get her to back off. She can't have what isn't hers. We brought the idea up to the rest of the group while Beth, Hannah, and Josh were either passed out or somewhere in the lodge. The only one to object was Sam, Hannah's best friend. 

I finished scribbling down the rest of the note inviting Hannah to meet Mike in the guest room at 2 am.  In reality we would have our cameras ready and catch her in the act. 

"Guys, come on. Don't think this is a little cruel?"

"God, Sam. Lighten up," I said, still writing. 

"I don't know guys. I don't think this is going to turn out very well for anyone."

Jessica stepped next to me, leaning against the counter. "Don't worry. It's just to get Hannah off of Mike's back. We're just looking out for my girl (Y/N)," she smiled at me and hugged my shoulders. I stood from my stool and turned to look at Sam.

"So? Are you in this or not?" I asked, judgement evident in my voice.

"No. Absolutely not," Sam started walking towards the door. "I don't even know why Josh invited you."

I glared at her as she closed the door behind her. "Guys, we need to get up there now. I guarantee you she's going to find Hannah." I grabbed Mike's hand. "Come on." He seemed to hesitate before walking with us up the stair and into the guest room. I slid under the bed with Jess and Em, pulling my camera out. We all awkwardly waited in the silence, until we heard a knock and a muffled "Mike?" 

"Come in, Han."

She walked in carrying a candle. Which was weird considering she owns a phone. She seemed uncomfy and tense. Good. "I, uhm, I got your note."

"Glad you could make it." There was a pause. "Why don't we start with a little making out and see where it goes from there?"

She hesitated before speaking. "Are you sure? I don't want (Y/N) to get mad at me."

Her response infuriated me. Why isn't she just...going for it? What the fuck is wrong with her?! Why is she trying to seem like she gives a shit about how I would feel?! As bad I wanted to scream at her for caring because I don't deserve a single ounce of her sympathy, I stayed quiet and continued to record.

"She'll be fine, I'm breaking up with her soon anyway," he shrugged. His comment didn't even make me angry. I almost felt a sense of relief is he was being serious. She thought for a second. "Okay," she said softly "Alright." Her hands traced the seam of her blouse before messing with the first button. I jumped when I heard Jessica snicker. "She's taking her shirt off!"

Panic replaced her nervous, excited expression as she watched us crawl out from underneath the bed. I laughed loudly, "Smile for the camera Han! Cheeeseeee!" She stared at me in complete disbelief. I grinned back at her. I stepped closer to her, pushing the camera in her face. "Aww, what's wrong Hanna-Banana? Why are you so camera shy all of a sudden? You weren't so scared when you were gonna fuck my boyfriend!" 

She turned her head from the camera, avoiding eye contact, and she started to sob. Jess chimed in. "Don't cry! Now everyone is gonna know you're a slut! They are all gonna want you now!" Everyone laughed but Mike. I rolled my eyes at him. Sam, who I assumed was alerted by all the noise, came in just in time as Hannah was rushing out of the door. Sam fell to the floor with a grunt. I could hear Hannah's cries as she fled down the stairs. Sam looked at us with disbelief. "What is fucking wrong with you?! Why are you such a bitch, (Y/N)?!" She quickly got up and ran down the stairs after Hannah. We all followed reluctantly. We got outside just in time to see a jacket-less, shoe-less Hannah sprinting into the snowstorm. Any anger I harbored towards Hannah disappeared as soon as I lost sight of her and was replaced with the intense feeling of dread. 

I felt in my gut, something awful was going to happen.

Beth rushed past Matt. "What happened? Where is my sister going?"

My mouth went dry when I saw the panic in Beth's eyes. "It...it was just a prank...it was harmless." Beth looked at me, and I could see it in her eyes that she fucking despised me. Without saying a word to any of us, she turned and ran into the forest, calling out her sister's name.

We were left alone in this semi-circle. I could feel everyone's eyes on me.

And I could feel the judgement radiating after them.