Chapter 2

[Taylum's POV]

"Taytay my love, it's time to wake up," calls my mama. I don't want to get up, It's too much of a hassle.

"No now, mama, I no go school," I say and hear her sigh.

"Baby, you didn't go to school for the last three days, you need to go today, please get up and I'll ask Nono to make your favourite breakfast," she says and I sigh.

"K," I answer and kick the blanket off me. Turning my body around in the bed, I press my hands on the bed and get up.

Going to my en-suite bathroom, I brush my teeth and get into the shower. Getting out and walking back to my room after finishing my morning routine.

Grabbing my clothes from the cupboard, I pull on my white tee-shirt and pull on my grey skinny jeans and white socks. I slip on my yellow vans and go back to my cupboard. Looking through my sweaters, I grab my yellow sweater and pull it over my head, fixing it around my torso to flatten it out.

Walking to my dresser, I look into the mirror and stare at my dull self. Scratching the mole on my right cheek, I untie my hair and let it hang loose over my shoulders. It's pretty long and I don't want to cut it, it hurts when they touch me, so I don't want them touching my hair – it hurts.

I like my long hair but they think I'm girly. I like pretty things and boys too but they don't need to know that. I'm already being called dumb, stupid, a retard and other stupid things. I don't care but it hurts sometimes.

I don't know why they think I'm stupid. I have top grades and many awards but I'm still called stupid. I'm autistic, not stupid. I can. I want to be normal but I can't. My parents don't understand and my siblings to that's why I don't talk to them anymore - no one understands me.

Walking to the door, I tap my hand on Finley's cage and hand him a few pellets. "I go to school now Finley, I be back when school over. No be lonely, I come back," I say to him and pick up my school bag.

Walking out of my room, I close the door behind me and walk down the passage, down the stairs and into the kitchen. I look at everyone then lower my head and make my way to the table.

I sit down on my chair and look at the plate in front of me.

"Morning son," my father greets. I smile at my plate, "Good morning papa," I greet back.

"Taytay~ papa isn't the only one here, greet me too," squeals Tarryin, my twin sister. I look up at her and at my brother Travon, who both smile at me, making me blush.

I scratch the mole on my cheek and look back down at the plate. Pressing my thumb and ring finger together I nod. "I greet if you greet, you no greet me Tarryin, you loss," I say and hear them laugh.

"Urgh!" she complains.

"Well said little brother," Travon says making me nod.

"Me know," I say as my Nono puts a plate of chocolate pancakes in front of me and a glass of chocolate milk next to it.

Thanking her, I grab my fork and knife and poke my pancakes before cutting off a piece and putting it into my mouth – this tastes like heaven although I don't know what heaven tastes like.

"Nono, cake?" I ask her as she puts my lunch in my bag.

"Master Taylum, I put a slice of carrot cake in your lunch box with a plastic fork. What juice would you like today?" she asks making me smile, I love cake, cake bae.

"Cranberry please," I say and she hums.

"Tarryin, school time," I say and she complains. We get up and I pull my bag over my shoulders. Walking out I greet them, "Bye, bye papa, bye, bye mama, bye, bye Nono, bye, bye Tray, no girls k," I say and he burst out into a fit of laughter while I watch Tarryin skip in front of me.