Chapter 1: Where are your parents?

"Could you notify your parents about your parent meeting tomorrow?" said Miss Steam, who was the head of the humanities department. 

"I have no parents!" Olivia said while picking at her cracked black nail polish. 

Mrs. Steam felt like her headache was coming back again as she looked at her problematic student. She knew her student had enough money to get into any university, however, she chose to retake her senior year. Miss Steam wanted this student to leave since she was driving the class averages down, leaving a bad impression. 

"Olivia, I need to talk to your parents!" Mrs. Steam said sternly.

Olivia's GPA has dropped to a 2.0, yet she isn't doing anything about it. She has gotten 6 academic probations in the last three months. The school has sent out multiple emails to her parents, yet none of them replied.

This student has a strong yet complicated family background. She comes from a very affluent family, yet her parents divorced when she was very young. Both of her parents have remarried, and have their own children, and none of them seem to care for her. 

On the outside, Olivia seems to not care for the heck of what she was doing; however, deep down she knew she cared. Maybe she did all of this to get the attention she never got from her parents. 

It was actually hard to become what she is now. She had to pick things she was terrible at; for example, she was good at liberal arts, so she chose science. People complimented her soft dark brown hair, so she dyed it purple. She also smokes, drinks, and started fights with people on the streets. She did everything she thought was what a bad student would do. 

"Call them yourself!" Olivia said impatiently. 

Mrs. Steam set her pen on the table forcefully making a loud noise. 

 "What is with your attitude? You hit Shawn today making this your third strike. If you don't want to attend school anymore PLEASE LEAVE!" Mrs. Steam said pointing to the door and breathing heavily because of how mad she was. 

"I know your family is affluent, but Shawn comes from an affluent family too. Olivia you are going to suffer the repercussions one day if you don't stop." Mrs. Steam said looking more tired. 

Olivia's careless expression finally showed a crack. She really didn't care about dropping out of school. However, she knew that she didn't want to leave school. She just had a weird urge to stay. 

Mrs. Steam sighed, "it's time for you to grow up. Are you going to act like this all the time?" 

After hearing this Oliva's expression went blank. Is there any reason for her not to give up this way of living?

Will, there be a person on this Earth that will make her want to change?

She knew the answer.

No.

What's the point of trying harder?

"I see." Olivia left an ambiguous reply and turned around to walk out of the office silently. 

She didn't know what to do, so she took the bus to her apartment. She entered the master's bedroom and sat and stared at her wedding photos. She then took a deep breath and dialed in the phone number.  After a few rings, someone finally answered.

"Hello." A deep velvety voice answered on the other side. 

"Olivia?" Being on the other side of the world the man on the other end of the phone was surprised and did not expect that she would take the initiative to call him first.

"..." 

Olivia suddenly didn't know how to speak.

A week ago, on her 20th birthday, she and a stranger got married. On the same day, he left her alone due to an emergency business trip. 

As a matter of fact, she has only met her mysterious husband once. This was probably the most rebellious act she has ever done. She married a random man off the streets. She didn't know why she did it. She only felt it was right to do. She was too lonely, and she just wanted some warmth. 

Everything was like an absurd dream.

She also knew that her parents would be against this marriage, and in order to enrage them, she married him. She wanted them mad. She even stopped contact with her parents to avoid conflict. 

However, it wasn't until she was married till her father notified her that she married a very young and affluent bachelor.  She still remembers clearly how jealous her half-sister (from the mother's side) looked. She also enjoyed seeing the disappointment on her parent's faces. 

She enjoyed it happily! She enjoyed making people mad, she leeched off of this emotion. 

*** Thank you for reading my first book! Please leave a comment and a vote anything helps! I will try my best to upload two chapters every day *** 

***I am also looking for a volunteer to edit my chapters! Please message me if you are interested!****