Chapter 3: A Ray of Hope

In the dean's office, Shawn's mother sat on the sofa with a stern expression. The vice-principal and the teaching director were there too standing by the sofa. They all had nervous expressions on their faces.  

"What's going on? After waiting for a day you guys still did not give me a good explanation on why my son was beaten up? Did my son get beat up for nothing?  If you guys don't give me a good explanation then I will hold all of you guys accountable." Shawn's mother pointed arrogantly at everyone while yelling. 

 Seeing Olivia come in she looked even angrier. 

"Look at her. Does she even look like a student? I can't believe you accepted her! I though this school was prestigous! " Shawn's mother said anglierly while pointing rudly at Olivia. 

Then she turned to Olivia and said, "Did your parents teach you manners? Or did your parents even teach you?" 

It was obvious that the school had contacted her family first , but no one was willing to come. So she had to be called in to bear the anger of the parent. 

The dean asked awkwardly, "So, how are we going to approachg this issue?" 

This current situation was really sticky. Both sides were affluent, and hard to approach. However, Olivia's parents seem to not care, and Shawn parents were very concerend with this issue.  

Shawn's mother stared at Olivia with disgust in her eyes. 

"I heard she repeated this year?I know that our class average for the exam this year was good; however, we could habe done better without Oliva. I don't want such a girl influencing my childern! I pay thousands of follars for my childern not to have such a terrible learning enviornment." Shawn's mother says sternly. 

"Yes, we understand that even if Oilvia were to want to sweep this under a rug, we will still deal. with this incident according to school regulations, we will expel her from our school. There is no doubt about that, you can rest assured! " 

Olivia's face started to pale as the dean assured Shawn's mother. 

 "There are also medical expenses and mental damage expenses. You have to pay for these! Most importantly, I want her parents to come to us apologize in person! Otherwise, we will see each other in court. She must bear the responsibility, and must be severely punished! If I remember correctly, this girl is an adult! Ha! I almost forgot that she had to retake senior year twice, so of course she is legal already." Shawn's mother says with a cold experisson. 

 In Seattle, who doesn't know that Olivia's family and Shawn's family were compeitors in business? With such an opportunity, how can they not make use of this situation!

The vice principal wiped his sweat in embarrassment. 

"You know Olivia's family, and there's nothing we can do about it. When I called, the people over there only said that what ever happens to Olivia has nothing to so with them. After all they don't care." The vice principal said while looking at Olivia with pity in his eyes.

Is that what they think og me? Olivia's eyes had no emotion in them. She felt numb already. 

"Wow are you trying to make her sound pitful? My son was beat up by her. You guys should feel sorry for my son! And what do you mean you can't help ? If this happens at any school then both parents would be here to solve this problem! Also you guys are suppose to be responsible with solving this problem!" Shawn's mother says angryly, while pointing rudely at everyone in the room. 

"That kind of scum, he deserved it. I should have kicked him harder so he learns his lesson." Olivia scoffs under her breathe. 

However, Shawn's mother was able to hear her word by word. This elevated her anger to another level. 

"What are you talking about, little bitch?" Shawn's mother said angeily while raising her hand to slap Olivia. 

Olivia closed her eyes waiting; however she did not feel the burn of the slap. A strong hand reached out and held onto Shawn's mother's wrist. Olivia saw that the owner of the hand belonged to a very handsome man in a suit. The man had sharp cheek bones and dark brown eyes that could look straight into some one's soul. He looked very fit and had great body porportions. 

He stood right behind Olivia towering over her. After blocking the slap, he large palm landed on Olivia's soft purple hair, he gently rubbed her head. 

 "I'm Sorry I arrived late." He said with his low yet mellow voice. 

The moment he placed his hand on Olivia's head, she felt her eyes start to sting. For the first time in her life she felt her shell breaking.