5. Mind If I Come In?

After hours of talking to Sven, he insisted on leaving. I did not want him to go but all good things come to an end.

I rest my hands on the door, looking down at the tiled floor beneath, placing my toes between the grout, replaying the events through my head. A smile develops on my lips as I turn my back against the door and bite the inside of my cheek. Time to go to bed, Sky.

I have a long day tomorrow. I have an art piece to work on for my practical exam. I walk over to my room in a daze and get dressed into something more comfortable. Noticing my notification light flashing while slipping in under my covers, I grab it from the nightstand. Scrolling through the messages, two causes my fingers to come to a halt.

One New Message-PLUTO

Hey, Sky. I didn’t see you at the club, are you okay? Please call me as soon as you see this message!

One New Message-Dwayne

Hi, Sky. Sorry for pushing things with you, I didn’t mean to upset you. Please, can we just forget about it?

I ignore both messages and put Dwayne on mute. Setting my alarm, and putting the device on charge, I place it back on the nightstand beside my bed and roll onto my side, and sleep devours my being for the first time in months.

***

“Skylar!” Someone yells, dragging me out of my sleep.

My heavy eyelids struggle to open, adjusting to the light, entering my room. I observe my surroundings to identify the culprit of this persistent yelling.

“Sky, someone’s here for you!” A familiar voice calls for me, down the hall.

Who? Erina has a key, and Lizzy knows who Dwayne is. Oh no! Oh God no! It can’t be him! Can it? I rush out of bed and give my best attempt at trying to make myself look presentable.

“Sky, you awake?” Lizzy asks, popping her head in through my door; her brown eyes, complimenting her blonde hair, locking with mine.

“Yeah, nice seeing you, Elisabeth,” I reply with a tight smile.

“Thanks,” she replies, furrowing her bushy brows, “Here’s a guy for you, he’s at the front door, should I let him in?” She asks, folding her slim arms over her flat chest, resting her back against the doorpost.

“Did he give a name?” I ask, passing through her.

“Yeah, Steven, or something like that,” she responds, scratching her head.

Sven!” I exclaim, dashing past Lizzy, earning myself a scowl.

My eyes grow wide with excitement, rushing to the door. A few meters away from my destination, I come to a halt and smooth out my hair and calm myself down before proceeding. The door is standing open, the gate still locked and I eye the familiar figure standing before me.

The dimples on his cheeks starts to show as his smile reaches his sparkling eyes. I don’t hesitate to grab the keys from the counter to let him in. Unfortunately, I’m a klutz, so the keys fumble in my grasp as I try to put it in the lock. At long last, after managing to open the gate, I step back and eye him even more, not being ashamed one bit of ogling him. 

“Sven, what are you doing here?” I ask, exasperatedly, placing my hands on my hips.

He cocks his head and casts me a sly grin, closing the gate behind him before shooting back, “Is that how you normally welcome your guests, Sky?”