»Boy's Volleyball Team«

This chapter doesn't need any warnings! It's gonna be a very fun and friendly chapter :)
———
" L/N-senpai~~!! "
You hear the boy call, chasing you to the gate.
" Can you watch me practice? I want you to see my volleyball skills! "
He asks, as you look at him.
" Uhm- "
You sigh, before giving in.
" Fine. "
You say, and Goshiki seems overly excited.
" YAYY!! Thanks L/N-senpai! C'mon, let's go to the gym! "
He smiles, skipping away. You follow behind.
Reaching the gymnasium, Goshiki opens the door.
" I'm gonna get changed for practice, you can do whatever! "
The black-haired boy says, and you nod.
After he goes into the changing room, you sit in the corner of the gym. You pull out the notebook Ushijima gave you and a pencil. Hesitantly, you began sketching the gym. You were bored.
You reach into your bag, grabbing your phone and earbuds. You play your favorite song, humming along as you draw.
You were too caught up in your drawing to even notice the red-head standing above you.
He pulls out your earbud, before you look up at him.
You grab your phone, pausing the music.
" Hi. "
You say, looking up at him.
" Let me guess- Goshiki dragged you here? "
He asks, and you nod.
" Ah~ how impolite of me. Tendou Satori, third year. You? "
He's sitting in front of you now, resting his head on his palm.
" I'm L/N F/N, also a third year. By the way, just call me F/N. I don't like people calling me my last name. I haven't said anything to Goshiki about cause he just seems so happy calling me L/N-senpai... "
You explain, the boy nodding.
" Alrighty F/N-chan, see ya~! "
He sings out, in a sorta eerie way. He gets up from the floor, heading to the changing rooms.
Thinking about it, you've seen him before, just hadn't spoken to him. Or run into him like you did Ushijima. His name was Ushijima, right?
You hear the gym doors open once again, watching a group of boys walk in behind Ushijima. One you recognized as Shirabu, the kid you scared. You turned your attention back to your notebook.
The boys noticed you, but they didn't say anything. What were they supposed to say?
You sigh yet again, grabbing your phone and re-playing the music.
I still remember, third of December
Glancing up to look at the gym, you look around slightly, before looking back at the page.
Me in your sweater
you said it looked better
on me than it did you
You hummed along to the song playing in your earbuds, not noticing the boys coming out if the changing room.
only if you knew
how much i liked you
but i watch your eyes as she walks by
Without noticing, you start mumbling the words with the song.
"what a sight for sore eyes..."
"brighter than a blue sky. she's got you mesmerized, while i die..."
You just stared humming along again.
why would you ever kiss me?
i'm not even half as pretty...
you gave her your sweater.
it's just polyester, but you like her better
wish i were heather
At this point, the boys were staring at you. You look up, noticing them.
You didn't show it, but you were scared as all hell.
You pause the music. To be honest, inside the gym was pretty hot- but you couldn't take off your jacket.
———
You sat outside the gym for the last half of their practice time. You doodled random things in your old notebook, before the gym doors opened. Ushijima looked back and forth outside, before seeing you.
He nods, closing the door and sitting next to you.
" Hi. "
He says plainly as you look over at him.
" Thanks. "
You say, looking straight again.
" Huh? Oh. The notebook. You're welcome. "
He sounded very confused for a moment, realizing what it was about.
" Ushijima...? "
You look at him from the corner of your eye.
" Hm? "
" Can i stay at your place? I know we don't know each other real well, but nobody'll be home when i get there. "
That was a lie. You just didn't want to go home, your father would beat you for coming home late.
" I don't see why not. "
He says, standing back up. "Practice will be done soon."
———
You waited outside for practice to be done.
He came out of the gym, running his hand through his hair.
" Ready? "
He asks, and you nod.
While the two of you were walking, a comfortable silence fell between you. You yawn, stretching your arms out slightly.
" Oh shit- i'm gonna need to borrow clothes. "
You laugh slightly at your realization. It didn't matter too much to either of you, Ushijima probably had some extra clothes that you could wear.

When you two get to his house, you were surprised. It was a very small yet nice house, with mini decorations all over.
" Do you live alone? "
You ask, looking at him.
He nods.
" My parents divorced when i was younger. When i got into high school, i decided to move out. "
He explains, you listening. You nod.
" I wish i could move out. "
You mumble, Ushijima didn't hear you.

He gives you some spare clothes, letting you change in his room. Although these things were too small for him, they were way too big on you.
His shorts went just past your knees, and wearing his shirt it looked like you were wearing a dress.
" Are you decent, L/N? "
He asks, and you quickly shoved the shirt over your knees, curling into a ball.
" Yeah. "
He opens the door, seeing you curled up in the shirt.
Thinking about it now that he was there, his clothes smelt nice. You couldn't really describe it but it made you feel safe.
A small smile planted on your lips, you snuggle into yourself, your back against the wall. Your arms were inside the shirt, hugging your legs.
" I'm going to get a shower. If you'd like, down the hall there's a closet with some blankets in it. You can take a few. "
He looks down at you, and you nod slightly.
He goes to the bathroom, and as soon as you hear the water start to run, you unwrap yourself, walking down the hall.
You open a random door, thankfully it being the closet he mentioned. You grabbed two blankets and go back to his room. You laid one on the floor and folded it in half. You flopped onto it, pulling the other blanket over yourself.
He came out of the shower, seeing your form on the ground he chuckles.
" That's creative. "
He sits down on his bed, looking at you.
" Thanks. "
You snicker back to him, looking at him. " I'm gonna go to sleep, goodnight Ushijima. "
He nods. " Goodnight L/N. "
—11:37 A.M.—
"Piece of shit! Get your ass up! You'll be late for school! "
" You know why mom and dad hate you? Cause they never wanted you. They never will. They only like me. "
" Pfft- i doubt that bruise is even real, she's just faking! "
You shot up from your place on the floor, Ushijima sitting by your side.
" You where making noises, i came over to check on you. I believe you were having a nightmare. "
He says, looking at you dead in the eyes.
" I'm... sorry... "
You huff, quickly running your hand through your (short/long) hair.
He noticed a couple of bruises.
" What are those? "
He asks, pointing at your arms.
" N-nothing. "
You mumble loud enough for him to hear.
He frowns.
" Tell me. "
You shake your head.
" Tell me. "
" It's nothing. "
" Stand up. "
He demands, watching as you get up hesitantly.
He gets up, turning on the light. His back was turned as he did so, but upon turning around to see you, his face is angrier than it usually seems.
" Who did this to you, L/N? "
He asks, his voice startling you.
" People... "
You mumble, not wanting to tell him the truth.
" Tell me, L/N. "
He says, walking towards you.
" Ushijima... "
You slowly back away from him, before hitting the wall. Damnit, this is great.
" Tell me. "
" Fine, fine... but don't go hurting anyone, alright? "
He nods.
" Uh- my brother and father... my mother left a while ago. She just- left... she never really cared anyways. I think that- my father hasn't even noticed. "
Suddenly, you felt his arms wrap around you. You hadn't noticed, but tears started to pour from your eyes.
" I'm sorry... "