CH 3 - a childhood friendship

no one pov:

as y/n and Clara are walking, Clara in front of y/n turns her head to face his and asked "so?"

"so, what?"

"what were you and your sister arguing about?"

"oh that, nothing much just she telling me how much I owe her"

"owe her for what?"

"one of her alchemy books, I accidentally puked on" y/n said as he scratches the back of his head with annoyances

Clara sighed "I told you not do drink too much"

"hey, it was free"

"You know it was the boss that was paying for it, right?"

"like I said free drinks"

Clara just smiled sighed as she has gotten used to the behavior of y/n

"so anna has decided to become an alchemist, huh"

"yeah" y/n said as he puts both hands behind his head, looking at the sky

"Hey, wasn't your grandma alchemist?" Clara asked as she folds her hand

"yeah, she was " y/n replied "and an amazing one in fact" he said smiling, as he began to remember the times when the younger him and his little sister, used to go visit his grandmother at her place. she would tell them stories, make them snacks and play with them, she was even the one who found pan when he was abandoned as a baby. his smile started disappearing when the memory of her death came to mind. (you were the only one who could bring me out of my shell, I hope you're doing well in heaven), y/n thought as he was still looking at the sky.

"guess, she was anna's role model" Clara said as she smiles

"I guess, you can say that" y/n answered 

"she always liked to help grandma in her little experiments" he added

"anna's going to make a fine alchemist" 

"she will do better as a mage" y/n said with a serious tone.

Clara looked confused at y/n "what do you mean by that?"

y/n with a smile answered "as you know, all living beings are born with two different sources of magic, Qi which is an inner force that helps the body perform as it is needed, it also can be used to make the body stronger, faster and more durable. mana both inner and outer force that living and non-living thing use in order to access and control magic, each individual are born with different amount of Qi and magic"

Clara asked "ok, so what's this have to do with anna becoming a mage"

y/n still smiling "like I said each individual are born with a different amount of Qi and magic, some are born with more ki while others are born with more mana, those who are born with more Qi tend to be swordsman, warriors or martial artists. those with more mana have more chances of being a mage, witch, wizard and so on"

"what about those that have the same amount of ki and mana "

"those with the same amount, can be both, for example, a magic swordsman, battle mage or a holy knight. " he adds "if she becomes a mage it will give her more opportunities in life, and with the power of a mage she will be able to defend herself if needed." y/n stops speaking with his face still the same.

Clara pov:

He's doing that again, man, he never changes, one moment he's his usually goofy self, then out of nowhere he becomes this totally different person. his grandma and I are the only ones that know this other side of him. kinder remand me the first time he met.