Chapter 6

Dean said" All right, I figure we'd hit Tucumcari by lunch, then head south, hit Bisbee by midnight. Sam wears woman's underwear."
Sam said" I've been listening, I'm just busy." Dean got out,
" Busy doing what?"
" Reading e-mails."
" E-mails from who?"
" From my friends at Stanford."
" You're kidding. You still keep in touch with your college buddies?"
" Why not?"
" Well... what exactly do you tell them, you know, about where you been, what you been doing?"
" I tell them I'n on a road trip with my big brother and baby brother. I tell them I needed some time off after Jess."
" Well, so you lie to them."
" No. I just don't tell them everything."
" Yeah, that's called lying. Hey, man, I get it. Telling them the truth is far worse."
" So what am I supposed to do. Just cut everybody out of my life?" Dean shrugged," You're serious?"
" Look, it sucks. But in a job like this, you can't get close to people. Period."
" You're kind of antisocial. You know that?"
" Yeah. Whatever."
" God."
" What?"
" This e-mail from this girl Rebecca Warren, one of those friends of mine."
" Is she hot?"
" I went to school with her and her brother Zach. She says Zach's been charged with murder. He's been arrested for killing his girlfriend. Rebecca says he didn't do it, but it sounds like the cops have a pretty good case."
" Dude, what kind of people you hanging out with?"
" No, man. I know Zach. He's no killer."
" Well, maybe you know Zach as well as he knows you."
" They're in St. Louis. We're going."
" I'm sorry about your buddy, okay? But this does not sound like our kind of problem."
" It is our problem. They're my friends."
" St. Louis is 400 miles behind us, Sam." Sam looked at him, Dean made the face he makes when he gives in to whatever Sam and me want.

After a while, I tugged at Sam's hair, easiest to reach,
He said" Ow, ow, what is it, River?" I squirmed, scrunching up my face, I really have to go pee pee." Dean, pull over."
Dean said" What f-" He glanced back at me," Got it! Buddy, next gas station is in a mile, think you can handle that?" I whined loudly, shaking my head, squirming more,
" Dean, he's gonna piss himself."
" Dude, he needs a sink, kid's not that well at keeping it clean." I whined then felt wet, the memory of last time I peed myself popped into my brain, I started crying.
" Dean, pull over!" Dean pulled over, I pushed open the door and ran out, I tugged my pants and peed what was left. I saw the wet spot on my pants, I started crying more." Hey, buddy, it's okay, it was just an accident. Nothing to cry about, okay? Let's get your pants off, get you cleaned up as best as we can right now, then we'll get you cleaned up for real at the next gas station." I just continued to cry, Sam helped me out of my shoes and pants, and took off my undies. He gave me a wipe, I cleaned like he told me to and he helped me put new undies on.

I was sniffling, cuddling into Sam's side in the car, I was cleaned, we stopped at a gas station.
Sam said" What got him all upset, Dean?" I looked up at Dean, my lip shook,
Dean said" He rarely pees himself, man, uh... first time, he was really holding it, kid was gonna bust, and he was tugging at my jacket and pulling my necklace back. Dad just told him to sit still, we were casing out this place, we couldn't leave, and if River stepped outside, he'd be a popsicle and blow our cover. Uh... so River peed himself, dad got mad, we had to abandon the case for that moment. Dad was ranting the entire way back to the motel room, I tried to comfort River, dad didn't let me, told me he had to grow up and stop wetting himself."
" What?! When was this?"
" River was maybe about 3, no bladder control after like 10 minutes of having to go. We left River at the motel room after, Dad put him on time-out, by the time we got back, River... he was just sobbing against the wall, that's when I broke and walked to him, he had peed himself again because dad told him not to move." Sam rubbed my head, I smiled at him, then head-butted his tummy, he chuckled and tickled my tummy.
——
I was between Sam and Dean, Sam knocked on the door, I was peeking out from behind Sam.
A woman said" Oh, my god, Sam." She must be Rebecca,
Sam said" Well, if it isn't little Becky."
" You know what you can do with that little Becky crap." They hugged,
" I got your e-mail."
" I didn't think that you would come here."
Dean said" Dean- Older brother." Dean lifted me up," River- baby brother."
" Hi."
" Hi."
Sam said" We're here to help. Whatever we can do."
She said" Come in." We walked in, Dean shut the door behind us.
Dean said" Nice place."
" It's my parents'. I was crashing here for the long weekend when everything happened. I decided to take the semester off. I'm gonna stay until Zach's free."
Sam said" Where are your folks?"
" They live in Paris for half the year, so they're on their way home now for the trial. Do you guys want a beer or something?"
Dean said" Hey."
Sam said" No, thanks. So... tell us what happened." I laid my head on Dean's shoulder, messing with his ear as my eyes closed, dozing off.