Preface: 'Halloween of 1981

It was a rainy Halloween night in Godric's Hollow, 1981. Jenna sat on the living room floor next to her brother Harry laughing hysterically as their dad James tickled them. They giggled with laughter. Both Jenna and Harry had their mother's green almond-shaped eyes. But Harry had his father's raven black hair while Jenna had her mother's ginger hair. Harry was older by 5 minutes.

Jenna rolled over trying to avoid her father's hands. There was then a beautiful sound of laughter coming from the doorway. James stood up and let Jenna and Harry regain themselves and sit up. Jen (Jenna) looked over at the doorway where her mother Lily stood holding two blankets. Jen and Harry's eyes lit up and they crawled towards their mum. But before they coil reached her, James picked them both up and held them so their heads were dangling in the air.

Lily laughed and she took Jenna into her arms.

"'I think it's time you two get to bed." she added.

"Aww but we want to play," James said with a pout on his face. He put Harry into a sitting position on his arms. Lily sighed, a grin playing on her lips,

"There is always tomorrow James."

Still, with a pout, James followed Lily into the Nursery. Harry had fallen asleep in his father's arms but Jenna was wide awake. Jenna slept in a separate crib than Harry because they would wake one another in the morning and help each other out of the crib which always ended with one of them falling on the carpet floor.

James set Harry on the crib nearest the door while Lily wrapped Jenna in a light pink blanket and laid her in the farthest crib in the corner of the room. Then they heard the gate of their house open fiercely. James and Lily looked at each other with worried eyes.

"I'll go check," James stated hurriedly. "It's probably Padfoot."

He walked down the stairs with his wand at hand. James opened the door, and walking slowly across the lawn was a hooded figure whose face couldn't be seen. This wasn't Padfoot. James breathed deeply.

"Who are you!" he screamed. The hooded figure looked up and lowered its cloak. James went pale at the sight of him. He ran back into the house. Lily was walking back down the stairs.

"Lily! Leave with the twins! It's him! I'll try and hold him back!"

Lily went pale and couldn't move a muscle. "Lily go!" James repeated. Lily sprinted up the stairs, speechless. She ran into the nursery and tried to reach for her wand. But she had made the mistake of leaving her wand in the kitchen. She scrambled and locked the nursery door and moved things from the room to put in front of the door.

"Avada Kedavra!" a high cold voice said from downstairs.

Lily stopped dead. She thought of all her times with James. And now he was gone. Lily kneeled in front of Harry's crib who was now awake and crying from the noise.

"Harry, be safe, be strong, take care of your little sister for me," Lily said, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Footsteps were coming closer and then before Lily could get to Jenna, the door blasted open. A pale face with red unhuman-like eyes and long robes entered the room. He had two wands in his hand. Lily recognized one as James's. Lily staggered back to Harry and shielded him with her arms.

"Step aside." He said in a cold voice.

"No, please! Take me instead! Please!"

"Step aside silly girl!"

"No, please! Have mercy!"

"Avada Kedavra!"

A flashing green light burst around the room. There was a scream and then their mother dropped dead on the floor. Voldemort's eyes then hovered over Harry and then to Jenna.

"Well well. What do we have here? How about you leave this world.....together" He lifted both James and his wand and pointed them straight at Harry and Jenna's forehead.

"Avada Kedavra!"

Two flashes of green light shot out of the end of the two wands. Jenna felt pain on her forehead and she let out a whimper. The man was gone. Harry was crying for 5 minutes but Jenna couldn't do anything about it. There was then sudden movement coming from someone who was sprinting up the stairs. Then came in a man with pitch-black robes. Jenna recognized him. He had come to visit them when James wasn't home. He dropped next to Lily's body. Tears were streaming down his eyes. He wailed in sadness. He was there for about a minute until a roar of a motorbike outside filled their ears.

The man immediately got up wiping away a tear. He left the room and disappeared. Part of the room was in ruins and parts of it looked fragile. There was loud stomping and in came a huge man with a big bushy beard. He as well had tears in his eyes. He picked Harry up from his crib without a word and then he went over to Jenna and picked her up. He walked outside of the house where there was another man with dark curly hair.

"Give Harry to me Hagrid. I'm his godfather," he said weakly.

"Can't. Dumbledore's orders." The man turned away.

The giant comforted him and said some reassuring words.

"Take my motorbike Hagrid. Get them there safely. I have other business to attend to."

The man with curly hair said and marched away and disappeared in thin air. Hagrid put Harry, who was now sleeping, and Jenna into a basket and put it in a little cart that was attached to the motorbike. The motorbike roared and it flew up to the night sky.

~

Hagrid landed in a street full of identical houses. Two people were standing and staring at the motorbike. One had a long purple robe, half-moon spectacles, and long white hair and beard. The other had emerald robes, a pointed hat, and spectacles.

"Professor Dumbledore sir, Professor McGonagall," Hagrid said, getting off the motorbike with the basket. "No problems at all Hagrid?" Dumbledore asked. "None at all sir. House 'was in ruins when I got 'there. Little 'arry here fell asleep while flying over Surrey." Dumbledore nods and takes the basket out of Hagrid's arms. Dumbledore thinks for a moment before speaking.

"Harry will be staying with his aunt and uncle."

McGonagall looked taken aback. "Not here with these people! I've been watching them all day! They are the worst muggles!"

"I am afraid Minerva that I have already decided."

"What about the girl? Will she be staying here as well?"

"I don't think so, Minerva. She will be staying with her godfather. Her guardian."

"Who? Who is her godfather?" McGonagall asked desperately.

"My dear she will be in good hands," Dumbledore says. "I'll be apparating with her to him."

McGonagall looked at him still waiting for an answer. Dumbledore smiles. "Severus Snape."