Chapter 5: Friend

I side apparated with Aunt Minerva at 50 minutes past 10. We appeared in a dark alley with my trunk and owl. We then walked to the doors of King Cross station and got a trolley for my things. Aunt Minnie had told me how to get to Platform 9 ¾ the day before. She left me at the entrance of Kings Cross and Aunt Minnie apparated to Hogsmeade Station. I walked to Platform 9 and 10. I adjusted her trolly to face the wall. Behind me, a ginger family was approaching and to not hold up a line I ran at the wall.

My eyes met a scarlet train. It was the Hogwarts Express. I gave my trunk and owl to one of the people who loaded them onto the train. After a few minutes, I walked onto the train as the train started to move and found a compartment at the end of the hall. There was only one boy in it. He was round-faced, short, chubby, and had brown hair. He was clutching a toad tight in his hands as though it would run away any second.

"Can I sit here?" I ask

He nods and I sit across from him with two books in my hand. One was about potions and the other was named, 'Poisonous Plants, What They Do, And Where to Find Them.'

I stared at him as he looked at me up and down. He then saw that I was staring at him and he quickly looked away with a pink tinge on his cheeks.

"What's your name?" I ask with a smile.

"N-Neville Longbottom."

"Well it's nice to meet you Neville." I say kindly. "I'm-"

"Jenna Potter." he interrupts.

I blink. "Yeah t-that's right." I say slowly nodding. "How did you know?"

"W-well I didn't mean to look- your scar."

" I think you were the first to notice."

There were moments of silence where Neville was petting his frog.

Yearning for more, I look straight at Neville's eyes and go into his mind. I have been able to go into people's minds since I was 3 and I found it interesting. Neville was clumsy, shy, and had very low self-confidence. Something she noticed they had in common was they were both misunderstood. But something he loved was plants. I got out of his mind and hand him

The book 'Poisonous Plants, What They Do, And Where to Find Them.'

"Hey Neville, I heard you liked plants. This is a book about poisonous one's."

"Thank you." he says weakly as he takes the book. He opened it and seemed to be very interested in it. I opened my potions book and started reading as well.

The compartment door then crept open.

"Anything from the trolly dears."

Neville and I shake our heads.

The lady slightly closes the compartment door leaving a crack and leaves.

It was a few hours before Neville's toad jumped out of Neville's grasp.

"Trevor!"

Before Neville could get his toad off the ground, it leaps out the door and out of sight. Neville and I poke our heads out of the compartment door and look down the hall for a sign of Trevor.

"Neville, I'll go check left and you check the compartments on the right."

He nodded and we went separate ways. I went to the compartment that was next to the one next to ours. Inside there was the boy with blonde haired and pale skinned Draco Malfoy, a girl with black short hair and had a pug face, two boys with chubby cheeks that looked awfully alike and a dark skinned boy who looked mature than the rest. I opened the compartment door and they all turned their heads to where I was standing. They sat up straight as if they were superior.

"Hey, have any of you seen a toad? My friend Neville lost one."

"No. Now get out of here." Draco Malfoy.

"As you wish." I say. I stepped out of the compartment and tried to close the door but the pug face girl stuck a toe out and stopped it from closing.

"What's your name?" she asks.

"Jenna."

"Do you have a last name?"

"I do. Now if you don't mind, I have a toad to find."

But before I can close the door, she grabs my wrist and pulls me into the compartment.

"I said what is your last name. Actually, what is your full name?"

I sigh in defeat. "I'm Jenna Lily Potter. Now, i'll leave." I bow to her dramatically. I close the door on their shocked faces. I walked to another compartment and without looking who was inside I opened the compartment door. There was a ginger haired boy with loads of freckles, clutching a rat. But what caught my attention was the boy opposite of him. He had raven black hair and glasses; just like my dad. He also had that scar on his forehead.

I take a sharp intake of air and walk out the compartment and close the door just as a bushy hair girl walks towards that compartment. I was NOT ready to meet Harry. And besides, Aunt Minnie told me that he didn't know he had a sister. I took a look at the last of the compartments for Trevor but unfortunately he wasn't there. I returned to our compartment and found Neville shaking in his seat.

"No luck with Trevor?"

He shakes his head.

"He'll turn up eventually." I say. I sit next to Neville.

"We should put our robes on. We're almost there." I tell him.

We slip on our robes. I get my book and lean onto Neville's shoulders. I notice him blushing furiously. I laugh in my head and continue reading. Oh how boys can be.

The train then comes to a stop and Neville hands me the book I gave him.

"You can keep it. I already read it." I tell him, pushing the book back into his hands.

We walk down the train with everyone else.