Chapter Three {Edited}

This is it.

We're here.

I'm in the middle of Sister and Hopper right now. Going down this elevator. The lights that the gate is giving off would be beautiful if it was for the situation we're in right now.

All of a sudden I feel a large hand land on my left shoulder. I turn my head to the person on my left which happens to be Hopper. He smiles at me, attempting to encourage me. I give him a small smile to show that I'm grateful for the gesture.

Then I feel Eleven place her hand on my other shoulder. I look at her to receive one of her many determined smiles. I smile at them both, happy to be here with them. Once the elevator stops, I put my hand out and start to use my earth element to help seal the gate shut while Eleven pushes that monster back in.

I think back to all the times I spent together with Eleven in the lab, and all the times I made her laugh at my silly faces. Remembering the time I found Will in the Upside Down, staying with him for as long as I could, doing the best I could to make sure he was alive before my collar would shock me until I made it back to the lab.

I remember the urge to protect both of them was constantly on my mind, just like right now.

My motivation on getting a grip of my elements, which was so desperately needed at the lab. I had to learn the hard way when they first placed me in the upside down. The only way to control your powers before it killed you was to feel the need to do anything for love or protection.

And that's how I feel right here, right now. The gate starts closing faster and I can hear Eleven giving out a war cry. I put my other hand out and scream along with her. The thought of there being a chance that I could loose the gives me the sense of urgency, causing the gate to close faster. 

I won't loose anyone again, not on my watch.

The gate is half way closed. I can feel my feet leaving the ground. The gunshots from Hopper's gun start to die out, leaving me a ringing sound in my ears and my own thoughts.

I can't loose anyone else, not when I just got you back.

The shadow monster, or The Mind Flayer, is trying to get out. So I push even harder, knowing that this will be way past my limit.  

And then...

It closes.

As I fall to the ground, I can hear Hopper calling out to us. I try to let him know that we're okay, but before I can speak, everything gets dark.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's so dark.

Where am I?

I try opening my eyes, but my eyelids feel so heavy. It only made me panic more.

What happened? We were... closing the gate, right? But who is we?

It was Hopper... me... and Eleven. I remember it closing, but what happened after?

Wait, is Eleven okay?

With the sudden urge to make sure Eleven is okay, I force my eyes to open. I sit up quickly, scanning the room for Eleven. When I find her asleep in a chair, perfectly fine, I finally let myself relax.

Now that I know she's okay, where are we?

I look around, just now noticing that we're not the only ones in the room. Eleven, Mike, and Dustin are all asleep on the floor, with a bunch of blankets. Will is also asleep in a chair net to the bed I'm in. When I see all of the drawings in the room, I remember that this is Will's room.