Chapter 9

Back With Slade and Robin,

Robin groaning in pain, "Slade, Stop...", also grunting.

"No, Robin. I won't stop. Not now, Not ever. I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind. I will never rest, and neither will you." Slade walked over Robin but finally Robin realized something about Slade when the lights were flickering the light he wasn't there in the dark he was. She finally knew what her friends were talking about, Robin still paining slowly getting up, "My friends say you're not real."

"Oh, I'm very real." Slade still walked over as he could tell Robin was still grunting in pain.

"Could you have gotten all those bruises from someone who wasn't there? You can't even touch me."

"All these bruises... but you don't have a scratch."

*Flashback*

Thunder strikes, "There was no one there."

Beeping, "There are no generators. There is no Slade."

Slade a few minutes ago, "I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark of your mind."

*Now*

"Every dark corner... You're only in my mind. Only in the dark. My friends are right, you aren't real!" Robin grunting, "I'm real enough to FINISH YOU!" Slade rushed over but Robin grabbed the lights and pulled the switch up and Slade was gone.

"Lights out, Slade..."

"Robin!" Superboy finally found Robin, Robin looked over at him with him coming her way,

"It's okay, Superboy. It's okay..." Robin collapses into Superboy's arms as he catches her. Superboy was just a little happy that they got right on time to save her and happy to have Robin back.